NapervilleCobbler

Is There A Leather Workers Guild In The Chicago Area?

Have been in the industry with own shop for over 30 years and wondering if there are any leather worker groups that meet in Chicago area that would want to occasionally get together and talk shop and latest trends. Please let me know if there are any or if anyone in Chicago area is interested in starting one! Thanks!

Does anyone have a phone contact for any of the club members? The webpage show a notice for the last meeting is over two years old?

No, I had email contact with one of the members in December. They still have monthly meetings, but I didn't get a very positive response from the person I was speaking to. Left a bad taste, to be honest. Let me know if anyone goes. I'd like to check it out.

I am in Naperville - if anyone wants to contact/email the old members and come up with meeting place that suits everyone (even a restaurant where we could grab a big table and a beer?) and just talk shop, ideas and latest trends. Just casual. My shop closes at 6pm so anytime after or on weekend afternoon/eves is also good. Thoughts?? Who in the forum actually does any sort of shoe repair? Thanks! BTW, many good thoughts going to the city of Boston and this horrendous tragedy.

No, I had email contact with one of the members in December. They still have monthly meetings, but I didn't get a very positive response from the person I was speaking to. Left a bad taste, to be honest. Let me know if anyone goes. I'd like to check it out.

Mike..............just go to the meeting in uniform............that will straighten any attitude out!!!