Regis

How to measure bag/purse lining

I've made a tooled & soft bag (from Bruce Johnson's excellent instruction booklet) and I'm trying to make a lining that will fit. I want the lining to be like a bag inside so the sewn edge of outside bag or liner do not show. I would sew it around the top to hold it in place inside.

Can anyone offer tips as to how to layout & sew the lining together to get the top edges the same size as the inside edge of the purse/bag? My trial & error keeps getting some part gathering/wrinkling when I sew the lining to the purse/bag.

And, I'm using those really cool roller snaps from Steve "Snap" here on LW.net so this is a higher end bag for my daughter.

Appreciate and help.

Regis

I've made a tooled & soft bag (from Bruce Johnson's excellent instruction booklet) and I'm trying to make a lining that will fit. I want the lining to be like a bag inside so the sewn edge of outside bag or liner do not show. I would sew it around the top to hold it in place inside.

Can anyone offer tips as to how to layout & sew the lining together to get the top edges the same size as the inside edge of the purse/bag? My trial & error keeps getting some part gathering/wrinkling when I sew the lining to the purse/bag.

And, I'm using those really cool roller snaps from Steve "Snap" here on LW.net so this is a higher end bag for my daughter.

Appreciate and help.

Regis

I'm in the same boat you are ... I've not figured out the liner stuff yet... let me know what you find out.

Happy Tooling

Tim

This is something of a problem for me too. I am happy making the outside of a bag but would like to add some nice liners. The ones I have tried have rarely worked out the way I intended. It would be great to see some kind of tutorial on this - any offers?

Ray

Ray....Regis....Tom

for me i cut the liner about 1/4" smaller on the front & back piece ,

leave the center the same size as the outside. now for the top seam

let top piece extend about 1" taller . then you can fold it down on the inside

and top stich it to the outside pieces of the bag.good luck.

Edited by Luke Hatley