rdb

Mandolin strap

Again, nothing special here.

I'm making a lot of little things today. I do First Sunday (once a month) in Pittsboro, NC every month, and I do better in that 4 hours, than I do the whole weekend at the Raleigh Flea Market. I sold about 10 belts, and various small items in Pittsboro, plus I took orders for all sorts of things, including this strap, and the breast collar in my other topic.

She wanted simple one peg hole, and thong on the other end. I put two matched ends, just because... I have an old keyfob punch that worked well for the ends, skived them down, and stitched 'em. This is chestnut bridle side from Zack's. Edged coated, waxed, and finished with snow proof.

None of these things are show quality, including the pricing, but this is what the customers want..not too fancy, but better than they can find in the stores for the pricing.

HPIM1971.JPG

HPIM1972.JPG

HPIM1973.JPG

post-5140-1241548911_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1241548921_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1241548932_thumb.jpg

Lovely work as always, Dave.

Sounds like you have been having fun... ...makes a change from computers doesn't it?

She wanted simple one peg hole, and thong on the other end. I put two matched ends, just because... I have an old keyfob punch that worked well for the ends, skived them down, and stitched 'em. This is chestnut bridle side from Zack's. Edged coated, waxed, and finished with snow proof.

Nice work. Where do you get "snow proof" no one in New England seems to carry it.

thanks

peter

Waterhouse Leather

Thanx Ray...you got that right!

Peter, I get mine at Zack's because it's close, but I believe it's a Feibings product line. I've yet to try Pecard's, or Bick's, but I have them in mind for a soon purchase. I miss New England...

Thanx Ray...you got that right!

Peter, I get mine at Zack's because it's close, but I believe it's a Feibings product line. I've yet to try Pecard's, or Bick's, but I have them in mind for a soon purchase. I miss New England...

Thanks, I spend more time playing with leather and finishes. Every time I settle on some combination of color and finish I see something of yours and I am of to the races. Someday I am going to finish a belt and post a picture. Thanks for the help and insperation.

Peter

Looks great, nice and simple and will probably last her near forever