Sign in to follow this  
Edvin

Old Leather Eyelet Machine, Please Help!

Hi!

I found a weird press on a auction and bought it on a whim. Seems like its a old eyelet machine.

Is there anyone out there that knows anything about it? It seems quite old but I think it might work. There is a a brush and some kind of handle and a feeder but I wouldn't know where to start. What is it for and what kinds of eyelets should I try it with?

2014-09-14%2015.01.31.jpg
2014-09-14%2015.01.47.jpg
2014-09-14%2015.02.34.jpg
2014-09-14%2015.02.59.jpg
2014-09-14%2015.03.10.jpg

Looks to be a tubular rivet setting machine. The rivets are pushed into the feed slot by the brushes, where they slide down to the setting dies. Those rivets are usually used on rough items like nail bags and tool pouches. Holes are not usually pre -punched as the rivet cuts its own hole. They are normally used in high production applications where looks aren't that important. Gump ps good score.

This is a HANG Piccolo rivet machine (you should find the name on the lid of the rivet box). The HANG Piccolo usually uses relatively small tubular rivets. The machine is set up for just 1 size of rivets. Its a nice little machine but not very versatile. It´s main use is riveting official papers from lawyers, authorities and so on - if you know what I mean.

The Company still exists and these machines are new VERY expensive and so are the accessories.

http://www.hang-shop.com/oesmaschinen/kleinoesmaschinenhandbetaetigt/modell10100piccoloiii/oesmaschinemodell10100.php

Fantastic info! Thank you.

Is there some way to check the eyelet size? Would be nice to check if it works.

If I would try to sell it, what kind of price could be fair? I wouldn't like to rip someone off.

The presser bar should have a small pin which has the diameter of the inside diameter of the rivet - hope this helps

I think you could get 80€ - 100€ for it

Edited by Constabulary