hidepounder

Tooled Panel For The Lc & Sj Sep/oct Issue Cover.

Here is a panel I tooled for the LC&SJ cover as well as a shot of the cover itself. Thought you might enjoy seeing the before and after. There are some color differences between the two photos. I think the original is somewhere in the middle. Hope you enjoy and of course all comments are welcome!!

Thanks for looking!

Bobby

post-7682-031028400 1346362694_thumb.jpg post-7682-033638900 1346363449_thumb.jpg

PS. I have lots of copies of my new book in case anyone is interested!!

Edited by hidepounder

Hi Bobby,

Your photo is a Lot Better!! It's strange how the colors morphed so much. Plus, you can see the details in your photo much better as well. You designs & tooling is impecable as always. Thanks for showing us what it really looks like. Ed

Hi Bobby,

Your photo is a Lot Better!! It's strange how the colors morphed so much. Plus, you can see the details in your photo much better as well. You designs & tooling is impecable as always. Thanks for showing us what it really looks like. Ed

Thanks Ed!! I'm not very good at getting the white balance correct on my camera so my photo is off color also.

Bobby,

Interesting that they not only altered the color but also trimed of fthe boarder. When I got the magazine the first thing I thought was that it was odd that there was no boarder or edge on the carving. I have not yet read through so I did not yet see it was your work. Congratulations.

What new book? Details please.

Aaron

Bobby,

Interesting that they not only altered the color but also trimed of fthe boarder. When I got the magazine the first thing I thought was that it was odd that there was no boarder or edge on the carving. I have not yet read through so I did not yet see it was your work. Congratulations.

What new book? Details please.

Aaron

Hi Aaron and thanks!

I wrote a book about drawing floral patterns.

post-7682-093806700 1346372688_thumb.jpg

Flyer 2 (orders).pdf

Edited by hidepounder

Outstanding,I never. Know what to expect from you. Really like the lizard.

I love the lizard hiding out. Beautiful work, I will order a copy of your book soon.

Hi Bob,

already studying your book, already arranging circles, leaves and scrolls and abusing your templates for my attempts at being creative, already impressing my (non-leatherworker) friends here in Vienna and of course never showing them the pictures in your book... ;)Thanks for responding so promptly to my PO

Rudi

Outstanding,I never. Know what to expect from you. Really like the lizard.

Thanks dallyguy! I don't do elements like the lizard very often, but have a lot of fun with them when I do. I might start doing a little more of that. Would you believe I used a soldering iron to create the coloring on it's back. An experiment which come out okay but sure could have gone wrong, LOL!

I ordered a copy. I have no talent.

Thanks Aaron! It will ship today. I'm confident it will help you so please let me know what you think.

I love the lizard hiding out. Beautiful work, I will order a copy of your book soon.

Thanks Heika!

VERY NICE!!!!! I ordered the book as well. Hidepounder you do very inspiring work!

Thanks, chromedome, and thanks for your order! It will go out today. Please let know what you think.

Hi Bob,

already studying your book, already arranging circles, leaves and scrolls and abusing your templates for my attempts at being creative, already impressing my (non-leatherworker) friends here in Vienna and of course never showing them the pictures in your book... ;)Thanks for responding so promptly to my PO

Rudi

Hi Rudi!! I'm really glad to know you are enjoying the book! You're going to have to post some pictures so we can see how your doing! Thanks again Rudi!

Edited by hidepounder

Hey Bobby, that panel looks amazing and as has been said, I like the addition of the lizard. Gives the whole thing a breath of life.

Congrats on the cover, a well deserved honor!

Chris

Hey Bobby, that panel looks amazing and as has been said, I like the addition of the lizard. Gives the whole thing a breath of life.

Congrats on the cover, a well deserved honor!

Chris

Thanks Chris!!

Another Great piece of work to study!

I needed some eye candy this week! Thanks, Bobby. Your photo is much better than the cover, glad you decided to show it off!

I also have Bobby's book and can't even begin to say enough good things about it.!

Crystal

Another Great piece of work to study!

Thanks Colman!

I needed some eye candy this week! Thanks, Bobby. Your photo is much better than the cover, glad you decided to show it off!

I also have Bobby's book and can't even begin to say enough good things about it.!

Crystal

Hi Crystal! Thanks and I'm really glad you like the book!!!!

A really great piece of work. I'll never be that good, but I appreciate the beautiful work that you and others here do.

I shouldn't have shown my wife the lizard. She loves lizards, so guess what? Now have to learn to make nice looking lizards!

CTG

Got my copy of the journal last week. Loved the cover. I will have to send for your book. Are you teaching any classes at the 2013 Sheridan show? Would love to take one from you.

A really great piece of work. I'll never be that good, but I appreciate the beautiful work that you and others here do.

I shouldn't have shown my wife the lizard. She loves lizards, so guess what? Now have to learn to make nice looking lizards!

CTG

Thanks Northmount! Good luck with the lizards! They are out of my comfort zone too!

Got my copy of the journal last week. Loved the cover. I will have to send for your book. Are you teaching any classes at the 2013 Sheridan show? Would love to take one from you.

Hi Bev and thanks! I will be teaching at both the Wickenburg and Sheridan shows!

The cover is beautiful; but, I already told Bobby that on Facebook. I wanted to put in a plug for the book. I bought a copy some time ago and I'll be using what I learned when I begin the long project of replacing the seats on some antique dining room chairs....One of those in the future after retirement projects. It is a great book get one for your library.

Dave Theobald

The cover is beautiful; but, I already told Bobby that on Facebook. I wanted to put in a plug for the book. I bought a copy some time ago and I'll be using what I learned when I begin the long project of replacing the seats on some antique dining room chairs....One of those in the future after retirement projects. It is a great book get one for your library.

Dave Theobald

Thanks so much for the plug David! You don't know how tickled I am that you like the book. Means a lot!

Bobby

Hey Bobby, just got the computer back and working again. As always like to see your work. Been studying your book now for some time, and as i suspected there were lots of "Duh" moments for me. Really enjoyed it, and seeing how you transition from Primary circles to secondary and then scrolls and leafs and so on. I was laying out primary circles, but; then I would just let the vines and leafs and scrolls "grow" from there. A good look, however; it never got that "planned out look and balance" that I admire in your work. I have a saddle on the stand that I am going to get after soon as the time allows and look forward to employing your techniques in the layout and design of the tooling on this one. Great covers and ever greater book. Keep up the great work, love your work!

Bob

Hey Bobby, just got the computer back and working again. As always like to see your work. Been studying your book now for some time, and as i suspected there were lots of "Duh" moments for me. Really enjoyed it, and seeing how you transition from Primary circles to secondary and then scrolls and leafs and so on. I was laying out primary circles, but; then I would just let the vines and leafs and scrolls "grow" from there. A good look, however; it never got that "planned out look and balance" that I admire in your work. I have a saddle on the stand that I am going to get after soon as the time allows and look forward to employing your techniques in the layout and design of the tooling on this one. Great covers and ever greater book. Keep up the great work, love your work!

Bob

Thanks so much Bob! It means a lot to know that you enjoy the book and are getting something out of it. I've been getting a lot of good reviews and it's very gratifying!!

Thanks again!

Bobby

Howdy Bob, You are a true lether artist. Your cover is beautiful. The little hiding lizard was a very cool addition. Once agai....your work is just amazing!!!!

Wonderful work as always and the lizzard...I simply love it :thumbsup:

But I don't understand why the company messed with perfection and did't use your photot, the color and crispness is wayyyy better.