Sign in to follow this  
Bmoz

New (to me) Tippmann Aerostitch

I just got home with my new to me Tippmann Aerostitch. I got it from Tim at Zack Whites. What a great place to shop. He was very informative and patient with me while I was trying to make a decision.

So I am home and set up. I've gotten it to sew in a straight line and figured out how to get needle placement very exact. I have figured out how to adjust the stitches pretty well.

Now, If I only knew how to sew.

Does anyone know of a tutorial or primer on machine sewing methods, tips, and tricks?

Get a big pile of scrap leather and practice, practice, practice. If you can sew a straight line and place you needle, you're well on your way

Does your machine have the needle up button? and the hand positioning lever on the front? Just play around with it, scribe some different shapes so you can follow a line. About the only maintenance is to keep the shuttle race real clean, I usually pull the cover of the needle bar off to clean and wipe it and the shuttle down with white lithium grease every week, a little more often on the shuttle. Oil the rest of the moving parts, and put a little air tool oil in the plug on top of the pedal base each day.

Does your machine have the needle up button? and the hand positioning lever on the front? Just play around with it, scribe some different shapes so you can follow a line. About the only maintenance is to keep the shuttle race real clean, I usually pull the cover of the needle bar off to clean and wipe it and the shuttle down with white lithium grease every week, a little more often on the shuttle. Oil the rest of the moving parts, and put a little air tool oil in the plug on top of the pedal base each day.

I do have the needle up button and the hand positioning lever. Is yours dependable or do you have to tinker with it all of the time?

I am thinking that it is just the learning curve but I keep having to adjust on it. I am scared that it will always be that way. I want to spend my time crafting not working on the machine.

I do have the needle up button and the hand positioning lever. Is yours dependable or do you have to tinker with it all of the time?

I am thinking that it is just the learning curve but I keep having to adjust on it. I am scared that it will always be that way. I want to spend my time crafting not working on the machine.

AHA! It was the learning curve.

I got some white lithium today and greased the bobbin race. All of the problems went away. what an awesome machine. It can do anything, as slow or as fast as you want. What other machine could a newbie sew circles on after just one day. It is so simple, once you get the hang of it. I sewed a belt and every stitch stayed in the line. There are a few features that once you figure them out make this thing great. I can even set it to stitch every time i step on the pedal. I am going really slow now, but hey I didn't get this for gong really fast I got it to sew perfect stitches and it is certainly doing that now.

Thanks for the lubrication tip it made all the difference in the world.

Glad it helped. No, theres sure not much you can do besides adjusting tension on things. Have fun. Chris

had mine for almost 10 years a great piece of american machinery and top notch manufacturer support.lots of luck with it and be safe its an animal look into the adjustable foot pressure mod cheap and nice too bad they discontinued them