Sign in to follow this  
28ist

Where To Mark

I'm a hobbyist but I've made a few things now and I've decided to get a stamp and mark future projects. If for no other reason maybe in a hundred years someone will pickup a piece at a garage sale, see my mark, and do a little research on me. It's my way of extending my liferolleyes.gif. One thing I'm trying to figure out is where to mark my works. Is it better to stamp out in the open where it can be highly visible or is a more discreet placement better? I'm sure there's +/- for doing both but I was just curious and looking for opinions.

For me it depends on the piece, some i mark on the front and some on the back. Holsters, checkbooks get marked on the back. Belts get marked beside the snaps. Headstalls, reins get marked on the ends. Breast collars sometimes in the center of the tie down strap sometimes in the middle of the collar design. Saddle bags sometimes on the front of the flap sometimes under the flap. Chap yokes sometimes in the middle but most the time at the end next to the belt.