DoubleC

Kickstarter Project For Sheridan

I'm starting a kickstarter program to help go to Sheridan this year when my first option fell through. And and all help is appreciated so if you can toss in a couple bucks, thank you. Cheryl

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1572920904/attending-sheridan-may-2015-for-leatherwork

It isn't showing the pic in the top......

post-27490-0-01142700-1426287383_thumb.j

Don't know if Kick starter was the best choice. Indigogo, or gofundme may have been better choices.

Good luck with the campaign.

Man, where have I been? Had no idea all these sites even existed. It's like "will work for food", only we all agree that there won't be any food. Or work.

Most people offer an incentive to contribute, for DoubleC she is offering custom keychains. Depending on the campaign it may be a product discount, the product once it is manufactured, etc.

The different sites have different rules regarding the campaigns. If I remember right with Kickstarter, if the campaign fails to reach the goal even by a dollar, all of the money is returned to the people who contributed. With Indigogo you can keep what was donated , even if the overall campaign falls short.

My friend ran a campaign on Kickstarter that raised $27,000 in the first days it was up for a new product.

DoubleC,even though it is up and running, you still need to promote this heavily. Constant posts to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter,etc. You cannot let up if you want this to succeed. Too many enter their info, then just sit back and wait for the results. They end up not reaching their goals.

Edited by BIGGUNDOCTOR

I do not see the links to your Etsy site, or anything else on you Kickstarter page.

Kickstarter is the better one for artistic things. Indiegogo is for all sorts of things but very hard to get anywhere. depending on what it is of course.

Thanks Big Gun. I put them on the website and don't know why they aren't showing up here. I put Etsy, my gallery here and my FB business page :( anyway i'm adding them here and will try to figure out how to do it at the site again.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DoubleCCowgirl

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?app=gallery&user=27490

https://www.facebook.com/DoubleCCustom

And especially thanks for the advice

Edited by DoubleC

The website comes up as a 404 not found.

Etsy link is fine.

Facebook link is fine.

Getting these on the Kickstarter page is a priority to generate more interest.

That's odd because that website is my gallery on here, LOL. Maybe I have to focus on one picture to hyperlink the gallery. Thanks Biggundoctor. Cheryl

I wrote yesterday about my kickstarter project to get to
Sheridan. I want to take some classes to learn new things that will help my business. I had plans to go that fell through and I was left holding a bag of nothing. I only want this to get there and eat, not for frills while I'm there. I would take classes closer if there were any but VT is kinda a lonely state to be if you're a leatherworker. If you can toss in a few bucks, I'd really appreciate it. Al Bane as you know has upped the ante. I'm making key chains for anyone who donates anything. However if you donate $20.00 Al will make you a cuff, 50 and he'll make you a belt, 400 and he'll make you vest and 1000 he will make you a brand new leather jacket. Thanking my backers in advance. Cheryl

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1572920904/attending-sheridan-may-2015-for-leatherwork

post-27490-0-98718900-1426392400_thumb.j

Wonderful idea on a way to get some leatherwork training. I've been reading about these crowd funding programs and they sound ideal. You should also look into gofundme as this is more of a donation based fund raiser. Your story behind the trip that fell through should also be included.

Big gun I figured out what was wrong with the website. It's an old link, I've taken my site down since then. I'm going to remove it from my signature right now!!! Thanks again for the help. Cheryl

Thanks ChrisCraft, I will look into the other funding options and also add the story about the funds I've been saving for this. Cheryl

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1572920904/attending-sheridan-may-2015-for-leatherwork I'm putting this link here for Marc because the other thread became filled with degenerates and I'm trying to keep this as focused as possible. Don't forget for anyone donating 5 bucks or more I'll be making you a keychain with your state initials on it, or you initials on it, or a 'horse eye' And Al Bane, lovely man that he is, has offered to make anyone donating 20 a cuff, 50 a belt, 400 a vest, and 1000 a new jacket of your choice. So jump in and have some fun for 5 bucks :)

Thank you Card. Cheryl

This is the new [picture that was suppose to post but don't know what happened. I am getting closer to my goal with the help of you very special people. Please don't foget that besides me making you all a much better key chain than shown in the top Al Bane for Leather is making cuffs, belts, vests and jackets for me for products that you get. These are just a few more of the projects I learned to make on my own but the classes would help so much. This is my business, my way of life. I've had this business 4 years and I have made some things I'm very proud of but I am at the point where I need some guidance. My community money will pay for all the classes I can squeeze in on the workshop schedule, but I have to get there to take them. . Thanks, Cheryl

post-27490-0-84795700-1426810284_thumb.j

Https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1572920904/attending-Sheridan-May-2015-For-Leatherwork Edited by DoubleC

Cheryl, I have combined all your separate threads on this one subject into one post, as we usually do with duplicate posts on this forum. I have left it in the Leatherwork Conversation forum as that is where it has garnered the most interest. If you wish me to move it into another forum, please let me know. Additional posts regarding this topic can be added to this thread. All the best in getting to Sheridan.

Thank you so much Denise. This will make it so much easier. I think the people trying to argue have decided to leave me alone. And thanks about Sheridan. Cheryl

Cheryl,

looks like you have a number of supporters for the kickstarter. You are not asking for a lot of money as you have saved over half of it already. With 22 days to go it looks like you should make it. Good luck.

Thank you so much card. I am hoping I won't short out at the end but that amount is plenty to get me there and back and allow me to eat. I'm amazed at how generous people can be :)

I have been leatherworking in Rutland for 3 years now. Actually 4 but I don't really count the first year I was learning. Now I have an Etsy shop and work the Farmer's Market every summer. My life has changed so much in 3 years I can't imagine where I'll end up if I actually get to take these workshops at Sheridan. If you have a free moment peruse these workshops being offered this year. http://www.leathercraftersjournal.com/sheridan2015workshops.html
I see this as a crossroads in my business where I can increase quality control and spend less time per project. Thank all of you who have backed me so far.

post-27490-0-40885100-1426975490_thumb.j

And don't forget Al Bane for leather's wonderful offers for donations, if you donate 20 he'll make you a cuff, 50 a belt, 400 a vest and 1000 a jacket of your choice!!!!

Thanks, Cheryl

Edited by DoubleC

I wanted to share a link to Al Banes gorgeous clothes and other things he does.......http://www.albaneforleather.net/

Edited: Try this one http://www.albane4leather.com

Edited by northmount