Pyxie

Anyone Identify This Press?

I am more concerned to know If I can buy different "bits" for this.

It was given to me by an old friend and I use it to with the "bit" and Tandy type stamps / letters as in the 2nd thumbnail.

I would love to set rivets, press studs and lace holes with it but I do not know the make of the machine or where I would begin to search for a the obviously interchangeable "bit." See I do not even know the correct name of it. Dammit.

Any help, thank you in advance.

P.

post-59599-0-63754300-1447697638_thumb.j

post-59599-0-86685700-1447697781_thumb.j

This press is made by Tandy. They actually made attachments for the press to set snaps, buck stitch prongs...etc. I don't think they have made the attachments for a long time now, but they do pop up on eBay sometimes.

It is the Tandy Imprint press. I do not believe it is sold any more in the stores. It was made to use with the Tandy stamps. I am sure it can retrofitted for multiple uses. I guess you will have to figure out what you want to use it for and have a welder or machine shop make you the accessories.

Good luck

I believe that that press is to be used with the 3-D leather stamps sold by Tandy and other leather companies. I have one and use it for that all the time. As far as I know there isn't any attachments for it to set rivets, studs, etc.