Sign in to follow this  
LeatherWerks

I Need A Airbrush And Compressor

I've posted some threads regarding the final finishing of various leather projects. I've had some great and interesting responses but, it appears that an airbrush and compressor should be the next tool in my leather tool bag. The problem is, I've never used one, I don't even know the difference between a single and dual airbrush, but I do know that I can lay down a better finish with a can of paint than I can with a paint brush, hence the apparent need for a airbrush.

I always buy the best leather tools I can afford, but I don't always need the best available. What I need is something that will spray dyes, finishes and what ever else leather workers spray.

Can anyone suggest brands, features, etc., that I should look at when considering a airbrush system? Also, I might be interested in something someone has for sale.

Thanks,

Steve

I've posted some threads regarding the final finishing of various leather projects. I've had some great and interesting responses but, it appears that an airbrush and compressor should be the next tool in my leather tool bag. The problem is, I've never used one, I don't even know the difference between a single and dual airbrush, but I do know that I can lay down a better finish with a can of paint than I can with a paint brush, hence the apparent need for a airbrush.

I always buy the best leather tools I can afford, but I don't always need the best available. What I need is something that will spray dyes, finishes and what ever else leather workers spray.

Can anyone suggest brands, features, etc., that I should look at when considering a airbrush system? Also, I might be interested in something someone has for sale.

Thanks,

Steve

This should help get you started: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=38246&st=0&p=237075&hl=airbrush&fromsearch=1entry237075

Thanks,

Steve

FWIW from the grumy old guy: I started out using a small airbrush only compressor --- didn't work worth a rat's tookus. Bought a 1/3 horse, 3 gallon, oil-less, adjustable compressor from Harbor Freight (item number 95275). I set it to 45# and it works great, but it will go to 100# --- but that pressure will blow an airbrush apart. Just a little messing with fittings for the hose, and it was off to the races. Mike

P.S. 'Tain't very quiet though.

Edited by katsass