Randall Leather

Most Popular Fiebings Dye Colors?

Color is a personal issue but I'm curious to know what color dye is the most popular as far as sales go with your clients. I assume black would be #1. But according to your sales receipts what color dye ranks highest and lowest in sales?

I use cordovan almost exclusively. Occasionally I will use black and when I do I use Lincoln Dye.

Bobby

I use alot of dark & medium brown, I usually airbrush these in a fade. Also like saddle tan and walnut. Sorta got away from black dye because I mostly build cycle seats and the rub off is a problem, whenever I get a request for black I now use vinagroon

I don't do too much "solid color" stuff (otherwise, I'd just order the leather already that color). But I'm always "playing" with color ... the photo shows "night and day" colors of the same (Stohlman) design. The sun rises in the upper left - behind and to the left of the larger mountain. The first photo is at the crack of dawn .. the next several hours later at the same scene. That lady said her husband is "gone fishin" before she wakes up. Both received well.

I have about 18 shades I use frequently - most a mixture of Fiebing's yellow, red, blue, green, dark brown. And I always write down what went in the mix ... made that mistake before where I mixed a shade of purple for some flowers this lady wanted on her handbag - then six months or so later she came back for the "matching" wallet and I had to 'trial and error' the thing to get the same shade again.

Oh, yeah ... the photo to the left (under the member name) was done with Fiebing's dark brown, red, green, and ... wait - there's no "and" - just those three colors.

Edited by JLSleather

From my personal sales, Light Brown with Black airbrushed edge accents is the most popular - but I think that's because that's what I demonstrated in my "how's it made" video. I think some people feel like that combination allows it to wear well with either a brown or black belt...

My personal favorite is light brown with dark brown accents.

Natural is the least popular, dark brown being second to last. Almost everyone that orders from me wants airbrushed edge accents. Probably 1-2 out of 10 wants a black holster.

I've been using mostly tan and british tan, with sidetracks into (vinegaroon) black. Instead of the faded edge, I've taken a liking to the sharp edge color. I like the contrast.