Gibbsleatherworks

Solo seat almost ready to ship

I should have waited for the water marks to dry but I had to bring it to work to take a picture. My camera gave up on me.

Picture002.jpgPicture003.jpgPicture004.jpgPicture001.jpg

Cool. That's a pretty skinny seat, any idea what it's going on? And can they send a pic?

Very nice! I like the tooling, and the construction.

Gibbs, that seat is cool. I like the skinny front end, and there's something about the simpicity of the lacing that really makes the seat pop. I had a hard time to stop looking at the lacing, just something about it I really like. Thanks for sharing this.

Ken

nice clean job! i like the simple lacing job also :)

I think I noticed where you didn't put in the smoke from the barrels? Any reason why not? A simple swivel knife cut will forever capture the "Smokin' Guns" effect ... and it'll catch just enough dye to make the effect real looking ... but, that's just my opinion....

Troy

I'm with the guys on the liking the simplicity of the seat and the fun shape. Very cool. Surely an attention grabber. Great work. I wanna see the bike and it finished.

I think I noticed where you didn't put in the smoke from the barrels? Any reason why not? A simple swivel knife cut will forever capture the "Smokin' Guns" effect ... and it'll catch just enough dye to make the effect real looking ... but, that's just my opinion....

Troy

Actually, the bike owner asked to have smoke comming from the barrels after I finished lacing. But its not sealed yet so Im adding the smoke latter today. Theres a Stoleman technique that only requires simple tooling without a knife cut. Pretty easy to do. I should have waited on the pictures.

Im setting up a booth tomorrow at a Harley Dealer event and will have this baby out for a display. But no touchy touchy. Hope I can drum up some residual business. Wish me luck.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, it means alot coming from such great craftsmen, and women....craftspeople.... Crafters.... eh....

Is that on one of my SEAT PANS that I make? Look exactly like one of my seat pans that I laser out. Just asking.

Seat looks good.

Just for the record, yes it is an Anvil customs seat pan. Good work bro. Im sure Ill need another from you at some point.

Edited by Gibbsleatherworks

I'd go with craftpersons, but I'm afraid Freak would feel left out. :bawling: