Sign in to follow this  
Roger

bike tool bag

well....sorta.

i was asked to make a tool bag but he really wanted something for his cel phone, sun glasses ect so, i linned it and used pull snaps to make it easier to access. the compartment on the one end is for a large padlock he carries.

DSC03007.jpg

DSC03006.jpg

DSC03005.jpg

Nicely done Roger,

The lacing add a nice touch....I usually like small bags with edge stitching rather than lacing; but yours looks good....did you tamp it down hard after lacing? I think it is the fact that your lacing doesn't add a lot of thickness around the edge is what makes it look good. Roo lacing I'm guessing?

Dave

Nice work, As I read through the posts trying to learn more and more on this craft it's work like this that excites me and gets me all fired up to learn more.

Nice job

Steve

Beza, Nice work. Are you using all roo lace for these projects? I was looking around the net and this stuff is very high dollor. I am starting a bike seat for a friend. I guess you have to charge extra when using this lace. Are you using 1/4 inch lace, I see it is like over 100.00 for a 50 m spool. Have you cut your own from a hide yet?

Gary

Sharp looking Bag, He is going to like it.

Tell me about the PULL SNAPS. I have not

run across them before. But i do like the way you

put them to use. :thumbsup:

Edited by Luke Hatley

Nicely done Roger,

The lacing add a nice touch....I usually like small bags with edge stitching rather than lacing; but yours looks good....did you tamp it down hard after lacing? I think it is the fact that your lacing doesn't add a lot of thickness around the edge is what makes it look good. Roo lacing I'm guessing?

Dave

thanks dave!

i am the same way.. i don't like bulky lacing on the edges. that is one of the reasons i stay away from more complicated patterns.

yes, it's roo lace and it's not hammered down. i just try to lay it nice and even. this is also a very thick bag. it's 9-10oz outside and 3-4oz inside.

Nice work, As I read through the posts trying to learn more and more on this craft it's work like this that excites me and gets me all fired up to learn more.

Nice job

Steve

thank you steve!

any questions just ask. much of what i learn is from looking at what other people do

Beza, Nice work. Are you using all roo lace for these projects? I was looking around the net and this stuff is very high dollor. I am starting a bike seat for a friend. I guess you have to charge extra when using this lace. Are you using 1/4 inch lace, I see it is like over 100.00 for a 50 m spool. Have you cut your own from a hide yet?

Gary

thanks gary!

i only use roo lace. there is nothing even close stregnth wise.

it is pricy but, well worth it i think.

i don't charge near enough for anything i make but, i make a little.

1/8" is what i use unless someone requests 1/4"

i recentally purchased a roo hide but, have not cut any lace from it yet. i have been practicing on some cow hide scraps till i feel comfortable enough to try the roo hide

Sharp looking Bag, He is going to like it.

Tell me about the PULL SNAPS. I have not

run across them before. But i do like the way you

put them to use. :thumbsup:

thanks luke!

i have seen pull snaps used on a few things and the only place i have found them is ohio travel bag.

you just push on the leather to snap it closed and pull out the knob to open it. it makes for an easy access bag instead of un-doing buckes and straps. this is to be used for cell phone, keys ect and mounted low on the bike so he want something that was easer to use.

the pull snaps are well made and work well but are not cheap. they were around $4.25 each without shipping