Hello again everyone. I did this wallet from a pattern that I found. I didnt tool it at all except for my initial "G" because I wanted to concentrate on how to build a wallet. The inside is Buffalo calf leather. I dont know how to finish the edges, so I am not complete. During stitching I broke 2 needle backs while I was pushing on it so finally have some "leatherworker" war wounds. Anyway. I will look for more patterns and learn how to put together more things. Tips and critiques are always welcomed.

Thanks

Gabriel

post-38210-0-65381900-1360185746_thumb.j

post-38210-0-61519100-1360185753_thumb.j

post-38210-0-33632900-1360185760_thumb.j

Hi Gabriel. I like your wallet very much. I made one completely out of bison calf, what a dream to work with. You could just burnish your edges and leave it as is, bind them (There's a tutorial on doing this in the 'how do I do that thread by KK) or braid them, totally up to how you want it to look. Cheryl

It came out very nice. You will be surprised at the difference finishing the edges does to the over all appearance so look at the posts on doing that. If you broke two needles are you using the needles that get bigger at the eye? If so when it comes time to get new ones get harness needles. There are some very good posts on stitching also. You did a great job on the wallet Congrats.

David

Thanks for the kind responses. I will look for the threads about how to burnish edges so I can finish it.

Clyde, I seen a picture in a book online that had a basic wallet pattern. I printed it out, made a crap load of patterns out Of card stock till I got the correct dimensions (the picture from the book was rather small) then made patterns out of one of those boxes you would receive clothes in as a gift. I probably should have just bought the book lol! If you want the pattern I will post it for you.

Thanks. I am going to use it as my base wallet pattern (I have had about 5 people want to order one and I am a complete beginner) and change the interior to what people want. When I get home I will take a photo of the patterns and post it.

dampen ur edges with water and burnish with a wheel or cloth or some leather (grain side ) put some ellbow into it....heat is the factor....then put some wax or leather finish on these edge, maybe some color and ur wallet looks like a million dollar!!!

Right now it loks already like 999.999....haha...well done!!

Here the pieces. I've never posted a pattern before. Do you want dimensions of each peice?

post-38210-0-33533600-1360213125_thumb.j

post-38210-0-75162500-1360213138_thumb.j

I will post dimensions/measurements tomorrow. If anyone wants I will take pictures of the assembly as well.