Sign in to follow this  
Chief31794

Taking The Grandkids To Disney

In August we will be at Disney World for a week with the Grand Youngun's. They are 7, 6, and 5. I made these passport holders for them to carry their park passes and it has a zippered area on the back to hold ID and "Return to Grandpa" information in case they get separated from the group. They each have a favorite Disney Character and I used that for each childs cover, my wife (Nana) will be wearing Minnie Mouse, my daughter will be wearing Aurora. Granddaughter (6) Belle, Grandson 7 Speed McQueen, and the other Grandson 5 will be wearing Mickey. Dad is a CIO for a defense contracting company, he'll be in the computer geek cover (then he can use it for trade shows as well). Me (Papa) will be wearing the Beard (Brand of Resophonic Guitar (Dobro) I play. May get some grief about image licensing except the computer screen. I don't think Paul Beard would mind me advertising Beard Guitars (I'll be wearing this at Bluegrass festivals as well), we'll have to see about Disney.

Ken

post-6362-049460300 1305711465_thumb.jpg

Hey Ken!

I understand the Disney folks don't have much of a sense of humor when it comes to use of their images, but since yours are one of a kind and you're not making them for profit, even they should love the job you did. I'm sure your Grandkids will. Great job, and have a wonderful time making memories for all involved.

Mike

They look wonderful to me, I was thinking as a safety precaution, do the lanyards have a way to break free?

Awesome work.......they will definitely draw appropriate attention and you will get some inquiries........remember....they are one of kind.................at least while you are on the 'land.'

Have a safe trip and enjoy the time!

Where did you happen to find thos lanyards? I've been looking for some of them for quite a while, to do a similar project. Thanks in advance.

Thanks everyone.

The Lanyards do break free they have the plastic closures that give when sufficient force is applied.

I bought these as kits from Tandy. It is their passport kit.

One of a kind, one of a kind, one of a kind... I'll keep repeating it till I return from DW.

Ken