craftsman827

Need A Dog Harness Pattern

I have an order for a DOG HARNESS.

Does anyone know where I can get a PATTERN for a dog harness ???

I don't have a pattern, but I've made a few for my dogs. What type are you going to be making? Mine are agitation and tracking harnesses.

I've got a couple of patterns for leather tracking harnesses and also one for a seitel (cart/wagon) harness for Bernese Mountain Dogs.

There was an article in LCSJ about 3 years ago for a double Bernese Mountain Dog harness.

PM me if you want copies - one is in 'PowerPoint' format and the other two in 'Word'.

They don't have carving patterns with them, just the strap measurements and so on.

Gary

Edited by gary

I sure wouldn't mind a copy of those - just starting to do this type of thing for friends/family :0)

mcjeep@shaw.ca

I have seen large size horse halters used as dog harnesses so that may be a quick place to get an idea of size and shape etc. I know it's not ideal but I figure it's probably something you have laying around that you can get your general deminsions from.

Hope this helps

David

I have an order for a DOG HARNESS.

Does anyone know where I can get a PATTERN for a dog harness ???

What type of dog harness?

I don't have a pattern, but I've made a few for my dogs. What type are you going to be making? Mine are agitation and tracking harnesses.

HERE IS A PHOTO OF THE TYPE.

BY THE WAY, WHAT TYPE IS THIS ONE ?

wpacc6abb9_05.jpg

post-3080-126687984331_thumb.jpg

Edited by craftsman827

Nice. I'd have to guess it is a combo APA (Attack, Protection, Agitation)harness. The bling turns it into a heavy duty walking harness though. lol. May be for a medium sized, and weight, dog.

If you can't find a pattern, get the following measurements from your client:

Medium

Around the chest behind the front legs: 28-37 inch

Around the neck of the dog: 13-23 inch

Large

Around the chest behind the front legs: 31-41 inch

Around the neck of the dog: 17-27 inch

Use these measurements, along with the photo and you're on your way. It looks like the straps are double-ply.

G'luck

Gary,

HERE IS A PHOTO OF THE TYPE OF HARNESS

Is there a name for it ?

Over here that would probably be called a 'Staffy' harness (for a Staffordshire Bull Terrier). Agitation/protection harnesses are rare over here as the dogs they are used with (Pit Bull, Dogo Argentina, etc) are illegal in the UK.

I have sent you a pattern for one of the tracking harnesses which is similar but the straps will need to be widened and you can adapt it to make the front plate for the medallion. My pattern is for bridle leather and you may wish to double the leather layers and use more rivets as mine are sewn.

Gary

I would love to have a copy of the patterns! begging.gif

Nice harness is there any chance that i can get a copy of this pattern aswell i have a american staffordshire terrier he is around 90 lbs I have been trying to make a harness custom fit for him

AS SOON AS I GET IT TOGETHER, I'LL POST IT & GIVE YOU A COPY OF THE PATTERN I MAKE...

I'm making it for a friend who belongs to a nation wide stafford club.

Nice. I'd have to guess it is a combo APA (Attack, Protection, Agitation)harness. The bling turns it into a heavy duty walking harness though. lol. May be for a medium sized, and weight, dog.

If you can't find a pattern, get the following measurements from your client:

Medium

Around the chest behind the front legs: 28-37 inch

Around the neck of the dog: 13-23 inch

Large

Around the chest behind the front legs: 31-41 inch

Around the neck of the dog: 17-27 inch

Use these measurements, along with the photo and you're on your way. It looks like the straps are double-ply.

G'luck

Thank you Spence.

I'll post my version when I finish it...

Well, I have a "pattern" of sorts that I adapted from something posted up on here a while back for a hunting harness. It doesn't have a front plate like that, though, because it is a single strap turned into a harness. I'm going to make a new one for my dog (he has gotten too chubby for the one I made originally) so I may do that soon and get some pictures up, or at least pictures of the one he currently has. I'll be interested to see what sorts of harnesses and harness patterns end up in this thread.

~Noah

i bought a old staffy harness took it apart and used it as a guide

I would like any Patterns of this as well because been trying to come up with a Harness My Dog wont get out of wont Tear apart and wont find very uncomfortable.

Check this one

http://www.elitek9.com/Harness/products/12/

it might give you some ideas about what you want to do.

The idea to buy a real cheap one at a pet shop and use it as a how it´s made is a good one. Have minn, which I use still for tracking since more than 30 years.

It was done by an old style bootmaker and dog handler. Rugged but hey, there are so many memories of my long gone forlegged partners and it seems as if their spirit will help my new ones to become better trackers.

Hey Gary...could I get a copy of the patterns? I've been asked to make a dog harness & would love to see what you have...tx in advance!

I've got a couple of patterns for leather tracking harnesses and also one for a seitel (cart/wagon) harness for Bernese Mountain Dogs.

There was an article in LCSJ about 3 years ago for a double Bernese Mountain Dog harness.

PM me if you want copies - one is in 'PowerPoint' format and the other two in 'Word'.

They don't have carving patterns with them, just the strap measurements and so on.

Gary

Hey sorry to bring up an old post like this but was wondering if i could grab a copy of harness patterns as i have a commision to make one for a staffie. Thanks in advance :)

I have 3 service foods and would like to make their harness to match the collar I made them.. Could I also get the pattern?

On 2/22/2010 at 5:54 PM, gary said:

Gary

Hi Gary, Are your patterns still available? I’d love copies. Big thanks :)

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/671103346/dog-harness-pattern-dog-harness-diy-pdf?ref=shop_home_active_9&pro=1