Sign in to follow this  
Dags3777

G'day from Down Under

Hi all, I have been scooting around the forum for a week now, trying to pluck up the courage to put finger to the keyboard. I am amazed at the work that people on the forum turn out. I live in a little town, Wynyard on the island of Tasmania, the southern state of Australia. I am 50 and live with my wife, we are both disabled, but I spend quite a bit of time volenteiring.

I started doing leatherwork as therapy in a long stay in hospital with bipolar about twelve months ago. I stil go to the hospital on Mondays for four hours, to be with other and swap ideas. I have made myself a work station today, so I can do some work at home. Tools, leather, dyes etc are hard to get in Tassie, I have to buy online with limited sucsess. I have purchased some items from the US on ebay.

Thanks for letting me join as a member, will try to put up some photos, if I can work it out. Also computer illiteate. Cheer's Darryl

S6000467.JPG

S6000033.JPG

S6000034.JPG

S6000475.JPG

S6000532.JPG

post-7179-1219488519_thumb.jpg

post-7179-1219488552_thumb.jpg

post-7179-1219488574_thumb.jpg

post-7179-1219488609_thumb.jpg

post-7179-1219488649_thumb.jpg

Howdy Darryl, and :welcome: to Leatherworker.net, one of the friendliest, and probably the best place on the internet. We're glad to have you here with us. We've got several members from Australia and NZ, and they might have some ideas about suppliers for you.

Good looking work that you posted.

Darryl,

Welcome to the forum. You can't find a better group of folks to help you out in your leathercraft. We also like to share what we do so we all can learn. From what I could tell from the photos, you have a solid beginning.

BillB.

Hey Darryl and weclome

Nice stuff there! We love pics here!

Blue lace seem strange when I imagine it but actually looks really good. Thanks for letting me in on that!

http://www.leffler.com.au/

I think they're only but leather but may be worth checking out for you if you not have done so already!

Tom

Hi Darryl, another Aussie here, just across the strait from you. Tom's recommendation of Lefflers is a goodie. They should have most of what you need. If you buy alot it might be worth joining their members club. If you're on a pension the membership is discounted and then on top of that you can get up to 33% off their regular prices.

all the best, hope you have fun here.

Edited by Kanga

welcome from geelong victoria...i agree lefflers is the way to go....HUGE range of products...their website is really bad, but if you join the members club they will send you a catalogue.. their mailing charges are very reasonable.

Hi all, I have been scooting around the forum for a week now, trying to pluck up the courage to put finger to the keyboard. I am amazed at the work that people on the forum turn out. I live in a little town, Wynyard on the island of Tasmania, the southern state of Australia. I am 50 and live with my wife, we are both disabled, but I spend quite a bit of time volenteiring.

I started doing leatherwork as therapy in a long stay in hospital with bipolar about twelve months ago. I stil go to the hospital on Mondays for four hours, to be with other and swap ideas. I have made myself a work station today, so I can do some work at home. Tools, leather, dyes etc are hard to get in Tassie, I have to buy online with limited sucsess. I have purchased some items from the US on ebay.

Thanks for letting me join as a member, will try to put up some photos, if I can work it out. Also computer illiteate. Cheer's Darryl

G'day Darryl. I'm in Tassy also. I'm down at Pontville, in the south!

tony.