Sign in to follow this  
troy

Fab Double Shoulder Carving Leather - Where Can I Get It?

after a longish pause from the marble slab, have unfortunatly lost touch with previous suppliers here in the UK for good carving leather and wondered if any of the UK or Europe carvers, or even from the US could point this old hand towards suitable places.

Preferably I like shoulder with a uniformity of over 3.5mm and of a tan that holds mositure for a few days until surface soaking is needed (for larger carvings. I do largish carvings, over or about A2 size and like to be able to do very fine detail as well as the normal deep cuts/definitions. I don't do painting (like any thing electricity I avoid it like the wind) but like high definition such as pushing leather up from back, etc etc - something like below;

My link

My link

Any help will be rewarded with a broad smile and a hearty slap on the back.

Cheers

Paul

I get some leather from walter reginald in london, They have huge selection covering every type of leather at the moment they have some nice 8oz veg tan in but their range changes from week to week.

after a longish pause from the marble slab, have unfortunatly lost touch with previous suppliers here in the UK for good carving leather and wondered if any of the UK or Europe carvers, or even from the US could point this old hand towards suitable places.

Preferably I like shoulder with a uniformity of over 3.5mm and of a tan that holds mositure for a few days until surface soaking is needed (for larger carvings. I do largish carvings, over or about A2 size and like to be able to do very fine detail as well as the normal deep cuts/definitions. I don't do painting (like any thing electricity I avoid it like the wind) but like high definition such as pushing leather up from back, etc etc - something like below;

My link

My link

Any help will be rewarded with a broad smile and a hearty slap on the back.

Cheers

Paul