RichardCollmorgen

Congrats to Alan Bell

I just finished reading this months Western Horseman magazine and was happy to see a profile of forum member Alan Bell. Congrats Alan and thanks again for all of your input and advice.

Edited by RichardCollmorgen

Very cool Alan, how much time were you able to spend with Nate? Here is a Link if anyone else wants to read the article.

What a great story. Congrats to you Alan. Not only a Leatherworker, but some sort of Archealogist too!

We know a celebrity! Congrats Alan. It's neat to see someone we know in print.

ArtS

What a great opportunity! Congrats, Alan! Love all the input. This forum is blessed to have so many skilled craftsman who are willing to share what they've learned.

Dang, I guess I should keep up with things! Thanks everyone. This forum has been invaluable to me and I have learned much more from the folks on here than I have shared so thanks to each of you for that. Rob, I just spent a few days at Nate's but we got to ride out and check for calves each morning as the sun rose and then braid all the rest of the day! What a life! The TCAA is an excellent group of craftsmen and they are very generous with their knowledge and skill and I am fortunate to know the folks that I have met through the organization. I encourage each of you that are serious about learning and improving to inquire about the programs the TCAA offers. I just got back from their 10th annual exhibit and auction and the gear was spectacular this year and they really out did themselves. Dale Harwood and Nate Wald collaborated on a "Vaquero" package that included a saddle with 20" tapaderos, a bridle with a spade bit (the fifth bit Dale has ever made!), a reata, bosal, slit braid hobbles and romal reins and a 25 yr old mecate and the whole package SOLD for $96,500 ! Someone is very happy! I was gonna bid $96.499 and can you believe someone out bid me?! Oh Well maybe next year!

Vaya Con Dios, Alan