A customer wants a belt with some fancy looped stitching. I was just wondering if there is a pattern for this type of stitch. I have a machine that will stitch it.

I have attached a picture of the belt.

After some persual on the site, I know that it is called a western stitch. I didn't have that info before.

post-11930-0-35907000-1375503841_thumb.j

Edited by steelhawk

I don't do many of these, . . . and I hand lay out each one as the length of each segment will have to change with the overall length of each belt.

The "pattern" simply is a part of the outside edge of a circle.

The pictured belt has 2 patterns, the one around the belt holes, . . . and the other sorta looks like a fish with two tails. The fish is duplicated 7 times, . . . so go back a couple inches from the last hole in the belt, . . . measure around to the last rivet holding the buckle, . . . divide by 7 and you have the length of that outside edge of the circle needed.

Sometimes I use a plate, . . . a pie pan, . . . roll of tape, . . . just what ever will give me the best looking (to me) arc for the belt. Lay it out on a piece of manila folder, . . . cut it, . . . trace it.

Take a look at the little diagram.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-68987500-1375533364_thumb.jp