I still need to put the keepers on yet but here it is. Had the left over belt blank that I'd cut a peice off of for some reson or in the past so i thought I'd play with it. I really monkeyed up the studs. I used a 1/8" lacing chisel to make the slits for the spots and I dont think there were two the same. There must be a better way to make the slits for the spots.

Tom

IMG_0095.JPGIMG_0093.JPGIMG_0096.JPGIMG_0092.JPG

post-6291-1228398130_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1228398185_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1228398228_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1228398263_thumb.jpg

Theres actually a tool for that. I got mine at the local leather place I buy from. TLC might have them.

I still need to put the keepers on yet but here it is. Had the left over belt blank that I'd cut a peice off of for some reson or in the past so i thought I'd play with it. I really monkeyed up the studs. I used a 1/8" lacing chisel to make the slits for the spots and I dont think there were two the same. There must be a better way to make the slits for the spots.

Tom

IMG_0095.JPGIMG_0093.JPGIMG_0096.JPGIMG_0092.JPG

Heres a shot of it with the keepers on it. Boy do I need a better camera. I guess when you buy a $100. camera thats all you get. Well actually it was $98.

Tom

IMG_0097.JPG

post-6291-1228482343_thumb.jpg

Actually your photos are almost there. Your getting good resolution from your camera. they come out blurry because there isn;t enough light. if you put more incandescent or florescent light on your work and set the light setting on your camera (setting is usually associate with an icon that looks like a light bulb or a florescent tube) it will take a better photo. When these smaller cheaper (not a bad thing) cameras don;t have enough light the take a slower exposure which requires a steady hand. Most people don't have a steady hand for this. if you want that "Subdued" light effect, try putting your camera on a tripod or setting it on something that will not move ans set up the timer. You may be surprised at your results. Keep looking into learning more about your camera and paly withthe light some more. Your belt looks great!

Actually your photos are almost there. Your getting good resolution from your camera. they come out blurry because there isn;t enough light. if you put more incandescent or florescent light on your work and set the light setting on your camera (setting is usually associate with an icon that looks like a light bulb or a florescent tube) it will take a better photo. When these smaller cheaper (not a bad thing) cameras don;t have enough light the take a slower exposure which requires a steady hand. Most people don't have a steady hand for this. if you want that "Subdued" light effect, try putting your camera on a tripod or setting it on something that will not move ans set up the timer. You may be surprised at your results. Keep looking into learning more about your camera and paly withthe light some more. Your belt looks great!

Thanks Badlove

I seem to to be getting better pics using the tripod and timer. Time will tell. I need to practice more but I think it'll work ok.Thanks,

Tom