Sign in to follow this  
leatheroo

Horned Skull Solo Seat Finished

I finally finished this seat. It was such a pain to make. The seat base was a really strange shape and i had a bit of trouble getting the leather to mold. My biggest drama was punching the holes. I punched the top then went about punching the bottom to match....punch...tie..punch a few more...tie etc. I was finished and quite pleased with myself and started lacing and was half way finished, when i realised i had the $##@%^$$ing top upside down!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell did i let that happen.....So now the holes didnt match up any more!!!!!!!!!!Any way enough ranting, i finally got it sorted.

skull-seat.jpg

post-4514-126907137722_thumb.jpg

Sounds like an adventure lol. Great job on the design and tooling. I can see where that shape would be a real pain to work with to try and get it all snugged up properly.

I think something to look into is when doing that type of seat try maybe lacing first then wrapping the cover around the seat and stapling/riveting it on then go about dying it and stuff. Thats what I had to do with mine and it turned out pretty good.