Here is a roper wallet that I recently completed.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Spencer G

post-3132-007078500 1298662583_thumb.jpgpost-3132-080032800 1298663006_thumb.jpg

You didn't ask for a critique but......

Your design is done well. It appears you used a pear shader for you background or at least one that has some "round" to it. Your background isn't crisp next to the carving.

Round the corners of the wallet a little more. It makes the stitching look nicer.

ferg

Thanks for the suggestions. I use Barry King's checkered back grounders. I have found that it is difficult to get really smooth and even texture with them. Perhaps it's time to learn to properly use bar grounders instead.

Spencer

Spencer, I'm new here...I think your knife work shows excellent detail, and understanding of perspective.

Jim

Edited by jim hafley

Here is a roper wallet that I recently completed.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Spencer G

post-3132-007078500 1298662583_thumb.jpgpost-3132-080032800 1298663006_thumb.jpg

very nice!!! Natural look, I digg this......the corners as said a bit rounder, the edges a bit more buffed...maybe a contrast color>?

Your stitches got a bit short for an inch or two.....again, very nice.....love the carving......all in all a heck of a wallet!!

James

Again, thanks for the comments. I think that the variation in stitch length comes from the increasing thickness of material as more of the card slots pile on each other. It isn't very dramatic, but enough that it slows down my machine's feed rate slightly. As to contrast color, I often do a light antique, but the person for whom I made this prefers an all natural look. I have seen some pieces that I admire which have background painting or dying, but I don't usually feel that it is worth the extra time.

Spencer