Artisan Dave

News From Artisan

Open Letter to All Leatherworker. Net Members.

from Artisan Sewing Machines.

I am pleased to announce some very special pricing on our Artisan TORO 3000 & 4000 R models.

As of today, the Artisan Toro 3000 will be offered at a remarkable price of $1650.00 complete with a left toe presser foot, a right toe presser foot and a double toe presser foot. Our Deluxe Roller Edge Guide will also be included. As always, there are extra bobbins, extra needles, and some thread to get you going. Needless to say, our Limited Lifetime Warranty and Lifetime Customer Support is a part of every Artisan investment.

The Artisan TORO 4000 R will be offered at $2750.00 with the same great accessories and service as the TORO 3000.

For those of you wondering why we might be doing this, the answer is quite simple.

We will be introducing two brand new Second Generation models very shortly. These have been in the design and testing stages for the past few months and will be available once we have sold our existing stock of the current models of TORO 3000’s and 4000’s.

As some of you may realize, when ordering castings from the foundry, in the interest of keeping prices affordable to you, our customer, we must order a minimum of 400 of each model at a time.

Once we have depleted the balance of our current models, we will introduce our New Artisan Second Generation machines to the general public.

We thought you would like to know.

Artisan Dave

does this come with the usual stand and motor or is this just the head? and how do I get one at this price because the websit still says 2350

:bawling:

Since I couldn't afford the other price, at over $2k, I decided to spend tax return $$ on other things I could use......now there's not enough left.

Does that Toro 3000 have reverse?

Dah....sorry found my answer just had to read a little further...thanks for not throwing me out for dumb ????

Does that Toro 3000 have reverse?

Yes

Since I couldn't afford the other price, at over $2k, I decided to spend tax return $$ on other things I could use......now there's not enough left.

I feel your pain, man! I've been sort of drooling over them myself. If they had a layaway program, I'd gladly start making payments on a new machine. Oh well, their loss.

Try and cheer up, and maybe use some of that tax return $$$ and buy yourself a 6-pack to drown your sorrows with.

Make it Corona with a slice of lime, and have one or two many for me, too :)

Hilly, you're making it worse......since I got zapped hard a few years ago, I can't handle alcohol anymore.....as in my body doesn't process it very well. A single hard lemonade and I'm good for about an hour and a half before I pass out.

Yeah, cheap date, but it makes drowning sorrows so NOT fun anymore.

Well Artisan folks..............I guess my 3000 machine that I paid your full price for less than a year ago has now substantially gone down in value, eh? I wonder how one of my customers would feel if they ordered a saddle from me, then found out 9 months later than someone else purchased an identical saddle from me for $1000 less money?........they probably wouldn't feel very good about their deal with me.

I have used my machine a bunch, and I am pleased with it.

Respectfully, JW Wright

I bought mine before the increase over 2k, but it was still more money then they are offering it now (several hundred).

Now I wonder what changes have been made to the new product, and are our older ones upgradeable...I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they can offer a deal to us "TEST" customers of the past one/two years, like a special half off deal on holster/stirrup plates or something...we/I didn't get all those presser feet, etc when we/I bought.

rdb.........If I remember right, I paid $2450 for mine. The new price cut would be comparable % wise to me cutting the price on my typical custom ordered saddle by $1000.

With the economic situation in the world today, there might be a whole lot of price slashing coming up.........a strong deflationary period. This press release from Artisan does not indicate economic depression reasons for their price cut. Rather, it basically says we have a better product to introduce, and we need to move the old out.

JW

Artisan Dave,I called a dealer in my area and tried to order a 3000 yesterday after reading your post. They new nothing about the new pricing and had just taken shipment on two machines at full price. So the owner called Jerry the owner of Artisan at Wickenburg at the leather show and he said the pricing was a show special and was only availabe at the show and they wouldn't take my order over the phone. They also were suprised that I new there was a new model coming out. So it is a legitamate deal and what protocol do you have to go thru to get one also who pays the shipping. Thanks, Matt

Artisan Dave,

I bought my toro 3000 on 8/28/08 and paid $2490.00 to get it to my door. All I ordered extra was the work platform ($100.00). I understand that everything goes on sale sooner or later, but this does still seem to be a bit of a slap in the face for those of us who have tried out and have been loyal to Artisan. Now I don't want to sound like a crybaby but I do think it would go a long way with your previous and future customers if you threw us the extra feet as well.

Thanks James

Open Letter to All Leatherworker. Net Members.

from Artisan Sewing Machines.

I am pleased to announce some very special pricing on our Artisan TORO 3000 & 4000 R models.

As of today, the Artisan Toro 3000 will be offered at a remarkable price of $1650.00 complete with a left toe presser foot, a right toe presser foot and a double toe presser foot. Our Deluxe Roller Edge Guide will also be included. As always, there are extra bobbins, extra needles, and some thread to get you going. Needless to say, our Limited Lifetime Warranty and Lifetime Customer Support is a part of every Artisan investment.

The Artisan TORO 4000 R will be offered at $2750.00 with the same great accessories and service as the TORO 3000.

For those of you wondering why we might be doing this, the answer is quite simple.

We will be introducing two brand new Second Generation models very shortly. These have been in the design and testing stages for the past few months and will be available once we have sold our existing stock of the current models of TORO 3000's and 4000's.

As some of you may realize, when ordering castings from the foundry, in the interest of keeping prices affordable to you, our customer, we must order a minimum of 400 of each model at a time.

Once we have depleted the balance of our current models, we will introduce our New Artisan Second Generation machines to the general public.

We thought you would like to know.

Artisan Dave

Do you have any left? I called and left you a message to get one. I acturally have a deposit on on through a dealer however I would rather this this one. Please contact me asap by my email below.

Wonder why Steve left? I once recieved a flyer from Artisan advertising new machinery. On this flyer was a list of all the people that were using their machines. After scanning through the names, I came across my friends name. A respected saddle maker. He not only had never owned an Artisan, but refused to buy anything from Jerry. This friend has had an Adler as long as I've known him. This all made me wonder how many other names on the list were bogus. I suppose it could have been a honest mistake.

For those thinking that your machines are being devalued, be prepared, it will only get worse. The more of these knock-offs(not clones, clones are exact replicas in QUALITY and function) flood the market, the less yours will be worth. I've bought three machines from Vernon Weaver over the last 10 yrs. and the new Adlers have stayed about the same or went up slightly in price. The resale demand is also fairly good, not to mention the ease of describing the make. Adler 205-370 or Campbell or Randall ect. Good luck explaining what Chi Com company made your machine when you go to sell it in ten yrs. Buy the Best! And if you can't afford the best, work a little harder and longer to be able to. I've seen some pretty nice used machines listed and would think that a person would lose less money on one of those established named machines than you would on a knock-off.

This whole polarizing subject would probably make for good discussion in the future if it has not already been covered. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this entire subject.

Just my opinion,

Kevin Johnson

Kevin,

I don't consider this a polarizing subject. I certainly don't know the whys or wherefores people come and go from companies, and really don't want to know. From what I gather, Steve is having the same MFG in China make his equipment. Maybe they will be better, maybe not. Time will tell. All machines seem to be foreign made now, so it's not even" Buy America". The future value means little to me also. I'm 60, if it lasts ten years.....cool.

I LOVE my Artisan. It's a great little machine, and the next closest in price was twice as much! I would never gather that much cash to buy anything, if it wasn't for the Artisan.

No, my concern is the fact that to restock with the new 3000, Artisan is offering a very good price break, but if they can do that, then they were fairly successful with their first round. But to throw in the extras, and the price break means that the new buyers are getting a better deal than those of us who helped get them off the ground. With the actual wholesale cost of these extras, Artisan could offer their PRESENT customers some sort of deal. The plates, and such are an expensive add on for me, and although I should have them to make my work better, I find myself holding back on the purchase. I will take all this under consideration for my next machines...

Just for clarification..........I too, am very pleased with my Artisan machine. It has seen regular and heavy usage,and has performed well. I have other saddle maker friends that have had theirs for much longer than I have mine, and they are pleased also. Any dissatisfaction with the machine was not the point of my original post. JW

any chance you can let us know how many models of each you have left?

I purchased my 3000 three weeks ago at the old price. I second the "slap in the face"

Hey folks, how is this any different than somebody buying a car one day and the next day the same model goes on sale? Or, how about a house mtg that goes in reverse? A lot of folks are being hurt bad in this economy because of timing. It's all about timing.

Frankly, I'm waiting for their splitter to go on sale......

Well, haven't we all bought something and found out it went "on sale" after we bought it? (I know I have)

that's life and the breaks of the game.

Or even bought something that was "on sale" and then found the next better model the week later CHEAPER?

it bites - and with the economy the way it is right now - I'm afraid we are going to be seeing more of this.

I gotta second Tex's opinion on this one. For those of you that think you've been "slapped in the face," would you send a little extra to the company if you bought right before their prices went up? No, you'd think, "I got in at the right time" and never think about the company. It didn't work that way this time. Now you want the company, which has provided a quality machine and great customer service to you, to take a hit and sell you feet or plates on the cheap, or apparently, send you cash to make up the difference in their new price? They've given you what you paid for, and now the price has gone down. Get over it.

Hey folks, how is this any different than somebody buying a car one day and the next day the same model goes on sale? Or, how about a house mtg that goes in reverse? A lot of folks are being hurt bad in this economy because of timing. It's all about timing.

Frankly, I'm waiting for their splitter to go on sale......

I can see that being a loyal customer to some of you doesn't mean much.

Should I put any new belts on sale to new customers (say $12), and my old customers (bought at say $24) commenteded. I would definitely offer them a new buckle (say $12) at a reduced price (say $6) to show I appreciate the customer who comes back. If I say "get over it" to my previous customers, I can surmise the results. That's my way of doing business. I don't lose on the cost of the buckle, and my customer knows I appreciate them all.

Sounds like the people that bought these machines feel a tad under appreciated, and people that didn't spend the 2400 or so can pontificate.

I paid the $2400 or so, and I don't feel the least bit under appreciated. I'm disappointed that people go so quickly from commending a company to "where's mine?" But that's just the way our country is these days, I guess. Hopefully Dave or anyone else from Artisan has thick skin, and we don't run off someone who is an asset to this forum.

I can see that being a loyal customer to some of you doesn't mean much.

Should I put any new belts on sale to new customers (say $12), and my old customers (bought at say $24) commenteded. I would definitely offer them a new buckle (say $12) at a reduced price (say $6) to show I appreciate the customer who comes back. If I say "get over it" to my previous customers, I can surmise the results. That's my way of doing business. I don't lose on the cost of the buckle, and my customer knows I appreciate them all.

Sounds like the people that bought these machines feel a tad under appreciated, and people that didn't spend the 2400 or so can pontificate.

Russ and others............I don't feel like I am owed anything by Artisan in a monetary or material sense. If you will look at my original post, that was never stated or implied. If these big discounts are being offered because of the economy, slow sales and / or the company is in trouble and needs to raise cash........I understand that. This was not the reasoning given for the discount sale offering in the press release.

It makes no difference, at any rate. Everyone is entitled to run their business as they see fit. My wife and I have run several businesses of our own for many years. I think we have a pretty good understanding of how to treat customers and develop repeat business.

No sense beating a dead horse. I wish the Artisan company well.

JW