johnggrg

Sewn Leather Belt Keepers

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy an undyed natural belt keeper 1 1/2? I bought one from Tandy and it was junk. Double stapled and staples sticking out the backside. It was junk. So can't use that. Looking for a sewn belt keeper. I have never made one and would really like to buy ne if I could find it. Please let me know. Thank you for looking. John

I don't know of anyone hand sewing keepers for retail....

It doesn't take but a few moments to do this yourself, you'll be happier about your product. size it so to include an overlap, skive the two ends, glue em, poke a few holes, and stitch it up.

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy an undyed natural belt keeper 1 1/2? I bought one from Tandy and it was junk. Double stapled and staples sticking out the backside. It was junk. So can't use that. Looking for a sewn belt keeper. I have never made one and would really like to buy ne if I could find it. Please let me know. Thank you for looking. John

Come on down to Temperance, I'll whip one up for ya while we have a beer....plus, you'll learn how to make em.

Edited by Rayban

Yea, I have to agree, learn how to make them, I do them similar to what was already stated, skive the ends down so they overlap glue them together and stitch them up. This way I know how they are made and from what leather they are made from. Also I'm pretty sure if you can buy them they won't come with the burnished edge which means you'd have to burnish them somehow, it's much easier to do this while they are flat. It would be very difficult to do it after they are made.

You can buy a loop iron where the iron helps form the belt keeper and look very nice. Tandys keeprs ARE not worht a comment. I bought a manual decorative stapler from Campbell Randall, Cost 485! BUT Italian! A lof of money but I though it was worth it and the staple looks mighty nice! best to make as your thought of a 1.5 width will differ from another persons width, take tandy they say its a 1.5 width but 1mm shy of the width for the buckle so the leather will slide through.

best of luck

Johnggrg;

If you still need "keepers" give me a call and I'll make whatever you need (no charge).

Al

(678/520-2695)

I do the "butt up, punch holes, a couple stitches and we're done", type...takes all of two minutes.

With double loops of waxed hand stitching thread, these will last the duration.

Misc144.jpg

You do know Stohlman teaches how in his belt book, don't you?

You do know Stohlman teaches how in his belt book, don't you?

Yep...he taught me this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rgleather48?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/2F-BhmQuQBY