braymond

How To Tool This Design

I study lots of peoples work to help better my own craft. I really like these circles in the center of this leaf. I am wondering if they are a series of stamps or if they are cut using the swivel knife. Any help would be appreciated.

here is the picture I don't think it loaded with the first post post-44650-0-42306400-1381711244_thumb.p

I don't know how that example was done, but I would think you could do something similar by using different sized hole punches, and only punching through the upper surface of the leather, case the leather, and then use a beveller around the outside? Might work?

When I want to make perfect circles like this, I use hole punches and lightly tap them with my maul. I then bevel around them for the finish look.

Looks like different size Seeders to me.

Looks like a set of seeders. I just recently got an old craftool set from proleather carvers(?) on fleabay. 5 or 6 sizes in a series. Cameroo and King's X's suggestion would work just fine as well so long as you have the punches.

Horn

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will have to try the punches I never thought of that

After you use the punches and bevel, you can take a spoon to the circles on their inside, and round them over some for a better effect.