Sign in to follow this  
Lobo

Times Are Changing.

About a year ago I moved my business from a home work shop to leased space, as the volume of orders (along with materials and bins of items in production) were driving my wife nuts.

At about the same time I launched a website. Business has continued to grow, and I am now at the point where my little work shop is overflowing with materials and bins of items in production. I have been in the shop for at least a few hours every day since the first of this year, trying to keep delivery times as short as possible.

On April 1 I will be moving into a new shop with more than double the work space. I will be adding at least 4 more work stations to keep multiple production runs going simultaneously. I am also starting a new apprentice in training, so I hope to cut production times in half within the next couple of months. I also hope to be able to take a day or two off each week.

Life is good. I wish all of you the best as well.

Now, back to work.

Edited by Lobo

Congratulations Lobo!

Always nice to hear when hard work pays off.

Dan

Lobo - Is this your idea of retirement? That's great that your business is growing. I looked at your website, which looks great.

How are you dyeing the medium brown?

Jeff

Congrats on the new shop Lobo. You are a brave man starting an apprentice. I'm to much of a control freak for that I think.

I know what you mean about driving the wife nuts. Last night she was grilling me about the black dye splatter that was on the dining room table, her cook book, the cat's bed, the mail etc. I had a brush flip out of the dye the other day and left a splatter trail like on CSI Miami across the dining room table. I reminded her that it was her idea for me to work at the dining room table, gotta take the good with the bad :)

Change is always a little nervewracking, isn't it? Best of luck with your new shop and apprentice Ray. If "what goes around, comes around" comes around, you should be set! Your contributions to the forum and the good advice you've given me should have your karma bin overflowing along with those materials, with the orders to follow.

Can't wait to get home to start setting my shop up at the house my Fiance moved us into while I was gone...Twenty "X" days and a wake up! (Dang security concerns :) )

Congrats on the continued success. Just don't get so busy you can no longer find the time for the important things. You know! Beer, Poker, Fishing, Shooting. Did I mention Beer?

Congratulations, sir! Best of luck to you and your business. I hope to be in your position some day.

Does this mean you'd prefer I stop refering my overflow customers to you?

...cause there's a guy coming to ya looking for a 1911 holster made of stingray hide??!!!?? among many others.innocent.gifthumbsup.gif

Congratulations, good luck, best wishes, . . . and as one old cowboy used to say, "May the good Lord take a liken' to you".

While I really enjoy making holsters and other leather goods, . . . I am not sure I want to get to the point that I would do the same. I kinda like keeping the living room in leather (finished & unfinished).

May God bless,

Dwight

Very cool - enjoy the rewards of your hard work :)