Sign in to follow this  
ehmrimprov

My 1st project in over 25 yrs

This is the VERY 1st leatherwork I have done in over 25 yrs and I know it is NOT great, it got the dust off my skills again. It is NOT a good pic though, it IS actually much better looking in person, sorry. Ed

Thanks Gary (Leatherman) for ALL your support and help with me.

My framed Indian Pic.jpg

post-12536-126282097579_thumb.jpg

Ed ,very nice work you did there.I love your work. just don't wait 25 years to do the next project. lol, Garythumbsup.gifclapping.gif

Pretty darn nice Ed! Keep it going now. I like the combination of the old school style florals and the figure carving but the icing on the cake is the frame and the featers and such. Seems a shame to have not done anything for awhile. Please keep them coming! :clapping::specool:

Storm

Pretty darn nice Ed! Keep it going now. I like the combination of the old school style florals and the figure carving but the icing on the cake is the frame and the featers and such. Seems a shame to have not done anything for awhile. Please keep them coming! clapping.gifspecool.gif

Storm

wow, thank you very much Storm,,,,Gary was instrumental in helping me get alot of the tools I needed to get going again and with friends like him and now you,,,I will never EVER stop honing my skills. Thanks again so much.

Ed ,very nice work you did there.I love your work. just don't wait 25 years to do the next project. lol, Garythumbsup.gifclapping.gif

Thanks again Gary,,,like I told you,,,,YOU are the one who is mostly responsible in me getting back into this with your generosity helping me get some tools I needed and your phone video. Now all I need to seriously find again are the "scenery belt templates" as scenery is my MOST favorite tooling as floral is NOT my forte' so if you or anyone finds any scenery templates for belts, let me know as I have a LOT for wallets but only one "hunting belt scenery template" so thanks again for supporting me Gary.

You still have it. :notworthy:

You still have it. notworthy.gif

Sir, thank you for saying that, that means alot

Tooling/carving is not where my interests are... but I like it. I like anything with a chiefs head.

What type of artifacts are you into? I used to collect prehistoric southwestern pottery but got out of it about 10 years ago

Tooling/carving is not where my interests are... but I like it. I like anything with a chiefs head.

What type of artifacts are you into? I used to collect prehistoric southwestern pottery but got out of it about 10 years ago

Hi, thanks for compliment. I LOVE LOVE LOVE collecting unbroken, if I can, arrowheads, spear points, knives, axes etc......all that type of prehistoric native american artifacts. The ONLY thing I don't have YET are,,,,bone or stone fishhooks, or " arrow shaft abrader/straightener" this is a flat rock with definite grooves worn into it where they would work their arrow shafts in grooves to straighten them. I had a HUGE collection before I went to Air Force back home in PA, where I am originally from,,,but sold them all prior to bootcamp,,but like with my leatherworking, I am trying to rebuild my collection as well. With being disabled like I am it is hard to actually go "hunt" for artifacts so I end-up having to buy most of them,,arghh,,,thanks again and peace. What kind of leatherwork are YOU into?

Very nice, Ed. Hope I am half as good when I finally get to the point of getting to pound leather again.