Bigpaws

New Knives From The Knipper

Received my three new Knipschield knives last weekend.....WOW! What a difference a SHARP edge makes. These things cut through the thick stuff like it's butter. I have to keep telling myself that these aren't Tandy blades and I don't have to use nearly as much downward pressure. Been cutting like a mad dog, and haven't even come close to re-honing. I never knew what sharp is until I got these. Kudos to Terry.......I'm a happy guy.

Rick

Rick -

Funny, I just noticed this post, I got my Knipschield knives today in the mail and it sounds like I'm about as amazed as you are! Terry does absolutely beautiful knives at beyond reasonable prices, I'm so glad I found this maker. And SHARP??? I'm the same as you - I thought I was getting my little Dexter shoe knife pretty dang sharp Yeah, no comparison at all!

I've never seen anything even come close to the way these Knipshield knives seem to just magically part the leather. I bought a French style head knife and the Wharncliff trimmer and I spent the morning practicing on a heavy, tough old sole of latigo, figuring this was probably the toughest leather I'd ever cut. These knives go through it with almost no effort at all, what an eye opener!

I'd keep right on going, bragging about how good these knives are, but I'm running out of superlatives to describe them. All I can say - for all you leather guys out there who've not tried or heard of Knipschield Custom Knives - this is the big plug. Terry is a great guy to talk to, as knowledgeable about knives as anyone I've ever come across and can make you a one-off head or trim knife in something like a week. For about half what you'd expect to pay, just to top it off!

Thanks again Terry! I was blind but now I see.

Cletus2014,

Yep, it's hard not to go overboard with the praise......I'll just say that it's really neat to have tools that you don't have to fight with......makes it so much easier to concentrate on actually making stuff and not having to compensate for crappy implements.

I got the Klenda round knife, the Wharncliff trim knife, and the pull cut #1. Amazing (to me) how thin you can slice and dice. For the first time, I can actually do a decent job of skiving with my round knife (trust the blade Grasshopper!).

Glad you are having the same awakening with your new knives.

Rick