redcell7

Coffin Tool Box Lid (In Progress)

i needed to increase my skillset in carving so i am making a 2 foot coffin tool; box that will hang on the wall and will house all my edgers ....its way bigger then the coffins i make now but it will give me great practice as i am learning ...when done it will be all leather and sewn and constructed by hand

post-16892-074815200 1336258412_thumb.jp

Righteous!

Geat idea, post it up when done.

Been trying to think of something do put some of my stuff up on the wall. Coffin sounds like a great idea.

i needed to increase my skillset in carving so i am making a 2 foot coffin tool; box that will hang on the wall and will house all my edgers ....its way bigger then the coffins i make now but it will give me great practice as i am learning ...when done it will be all leather and sewn and constructed by hand

[/quote

Ahhhhhh, sehr schoen....mal was anderes!!!

Digg it, .......cool idea and well carved....please come up to the front and claim your prize!!!

thanks people ....its very time consuming but well wort it ....and it does make a kool place to store some of your leather tools...it will only be about 4 inches deep ...i was going to try and rig up shelves ...but decided i will just cut a long strip of leather and put rivet s every couple of inches in a loop that the tools will fit in

Looking forward to seeing this one finished.

i love the detail so far, love the way it pops in your face man, awesome work. can't wait to see it done.

well startin to paint it today .....bigger job then i thought

started to paint ...background

post-16892-008793400 1336523177_thumb.jp

now to start on the bottom pieces

post-16892-047532400 1336825666_thumb.jp

Ever consider building guitar cases like that? Sell those with matching adjustable guitar straps... You'd make a killing!

Just a thought...

Ever consider building guitar cases like that? Sell those with matching adjustable guitar straps... You'd make a killing!

Just a thought...

kool idea...im in jefferson parish

Jeff Parish, huh?! No kiddin'?!

I tell ya what, if you're up for it, I'll show the pics of your coffin box to a buddy of mine that knows how to build guitar cases. He's got a brand new 6-string bass that I'm pretty sure he'd like a killer case for. Just let me know what you think. I can measure my case and help you with estimating dimensions if you'd like, too.

Looks like you got it all "dead"centre

Looks like you got it all "dead"centre

thanks ....workin on the rest as we speak

work on my box a litlle more today ...finally had some time .....now more carving then paint then good ole sewingpost-16892-065678400 1337302832_thumb.jppost-16892-005445200 1337302845_thumb.jppost-16892-023647600 1337302998_thumb.jp

Edited by redcell7

now to sew it all up ...oh joy lol

post-16892-022472800 1337774029_thumb.jp

post-16892-046125400 1337774154_thumb.jp