Sign in to follow this  
Spider

My Business Card Holder...

I've been kinda busy.

This turned out ok for a practice piece.

I think I need to wear gloves more often....

IMG_4047.jpg

Way nice looking planks there and there's your stamp. It looks excellent!

Recognize those hands, well the look on them anyways.

It looks like the edge beveler is not all that friendly with you yet, mine hates me.

I only use mine with wet edges otherwise it is totally out of control and very little pressure.

Had to do with dry edges yesterday and hmmm, turned out...not perfect but kinda decent.

Tom

nice spider...i really like the way you have placed your stamp. the dye on the hands...wear it proudly...the bevelling spider...sleep deprived as always.. i must admit i too have had edges look like this...thats why i love my dremel..it fixes these little problems or very fine sandpaper can help...dont you hate the way photos show up everything!!

Your planks are cool, squeaky floorboards. I don't mind a little roughness round the edges just makes it look handmade.

Thanks all. LOL, my edges are so jacked.....LOL It's ok for now because now I will try the Rotary Tool like Roo said. THANKS ROO!!! I love every flaw because it does look hand made very rough as I like it and it is another thing I learn from. I take failure or mistakes with my leather these days as a learning too. For now at least...

Spider i like the wood work, there is so mutch i have to try out in this forum ive never done the planks but yours look cool, oh yea nice touch with the spider it blends in really well i had to look twice to see it, Don

FYI This is my new stamp I got from Daryl at Dbarleather. I TOTALLY LOVE IT!!! Thank you Daryl. This is one of my most prized tools and you are right Don it hides so well.

...thats why i love my dremel..it fixes these little problems or very fine sandpaper can help...

please explain how you use your dremel. What tips you use and such. I have heard many people talk about using one yet no one has explained this to me.

Im gonna assume it's to finely sand the edges with the rotary tool and smooth them out.

Corter, Just put your knife into the leather and go. That's what I do. I usually just draw on the leather and skip a pattern. Of course that is for stuff like this and not for more serious items like seats and stuff. Even a stick figure will look good in leather.

Spider - SWEET!

I kinda like the rough edges with the old floorboard look. Somewhere between a coffin and a pirate ship...

Brent

Spider - SWEET!I kinda like the rough edges with the old floorboard look. Somewhere between a coffin and a pirate ship...Brent
Thanks Brent, I so love doing the planks. It looks so good on leather. I will make a belt soon that will implement this too. Edited by Spider

Very cool,I love it!!! Moon

Thanks Brent, I so love doing the planks. It looks so good on leather. I will make a belt soon that will implement this too.

HERE YA GO MY MAN, A GIFT FROM ME 'CUZ NOW I GIVE A BIG FINGER TO CITY LIFE AND RETURN TO MY OTHER HOUSE IN THE RUGGED WOODS ONLY ACCOMPANIED BY BEARS AND WOLVES!!! but have to come back to Moanday for work...buhuuu, sob sob, oh oh and of course some leatherwork and leatherworker.net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9VIgRhri3A

Cheers!

Tom

hi spider cooooool dude i love it walletman(bob) :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Very cool,I love it!!! Moon

Thank you Moon.

HERE YA GO MY MAN, A GIFT FROM ME 'CUZ NOW I GIVE A BIG FINGER TO CITY LIFE AND RETURN TO MY OTHER HOUSE IN THE RUGGED WOODS ONLY ACCOMPANIED BY BEARS AND WOLVES!!! but have to come back to Moanday for work...buhuuu, sob sob, oh oh and of course some leatherwork and leatherworker.net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9VIgRhri3A

Cheers!

Tom

Yeah I saw that clip Tom. Cool stuff and yeah, that's exactly how it's done. I'll have to try the ruler thing. lol Now go get me some bear and wolf fur...lol

hi spider cooooool dude i love it walletman(bob) :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Thank you Walletman Bob. I love these planks cause they are pretty simple to do. Just watch the clip that Tom posted.