Hi all, new kid on the block…not sure if this is the right section or if this has been brought up before ,but…

In the past ,I have used the Barge cement for gluing leather patches on my leather jacket. The cement was

in yellow & red color tube, now all I can find locally is the Barge cement in blue tube. Local shoe shop told me

only stores had access to this yellow/red cement and that the new Barge cement was not as good because the

formula had been changed somewhat. I contacted Barge company & they offered Barge cement in blue tube

reason; it was toluene free. Does anyone know if this will work just as good as before. eBay offers the older stock

but in larger cans. I was wondering if this was old stock, or if in a large can…how long would it last, since I will

only be using on occasion & not everyday. I've heard mention of Masters or Weld wood. Any thoughts ? thanks.

Master Quick Drying AP (White Can) works well. Use Master All Purpose Thinner to thin it down if the evaporation has made it too thick. They also make Petronio AP in the Yellow can that sets up slower, they both use the same thinner.

Petronio #8 is their rubber cement that also works well. It has it's own thinner.

Thinner is a wonderful thing, use it to achieve and maintain the consistency you want. It your glue gets a little thin, you can always apply two coats (dry between) to get the amount of glue you want.

I am pretty sure our advertisers (Springfield and Sheridan) carry some of the Petronio products, and as long as you are only shipping a gallon of the stuff, it goes ORM-D which doesn't carry the hefty hazmat charge.

Shoe findings companies also carry it, like Southern and Panhandle.

Art

Hi all, new kid on the block…not sure if this is the right section or if this has been brought up before ,but…

In the past ,I have used the Barge cement for gluing leather patches on my leather jacket. The cement was

in yellow & red color tube, now all I can find locally is the Barge cement in blue tube. Local shoe shop told me

only stores had access to this yellow/red cement and that the new Barge cement was not as good because the

formula had been changed somewhat. I contacted Barge company & they offered Barge cement in blue tube

reason; it was toluene free. Does anyone know if this will work just as good as before. eBay offers the older stock

but in larger cans. I was wondering if this was old stock, or if in a large can…how long would it last, since I will

only be using on occasion & not everyday. I've heard mention of Masters or Weld wood. Any thoughts ? thanks.