Olemanjake

New Member South Carolina

Newbie here. I never imagined wanting to learn this craft to be perfectly honest.

After a week in the hospital and now with limited activity for the next several months I needed something to do. I remembered the leather keyfob I gave to my dad when I was a kid and thought it would be fun to do. So, I ordered a kit and got to work.

I enjoyed it so much that I want to learn more. Never imagined the patience, and art involved in the process. Truly enjoy it and hope to learn as much as I can from the good folks here on this site.

Bill H

Hello Bill.....welcome to the forum. Get ready to spend a lot of time researching and ready on here!

Kings X - I am ready. Thanks for the welcome!

Like you I picked this up due to injury... I was wounded in Afghanistan and was going out of my mind.. so in a sense it kind of saved me lol anyway, welcome to the forum.

Welcome Olemanjake, You'll enjoy it!

Spartan, thanks for your service and glad you were (saved) with the joy of leather working!

@Spartan - Bro, I'm military too (10 years USMC, 8 yr break, 7 years AGR). My health issue is a result of military service and other things. Glad you found something like this as did I. It's going to be quite the adventure if you ask me. I expected to be doing leathercraft about as much as I expected to be doing Yoga. I do both and thoroughly enjoy both.

@Benlilly & robertmeco - Thanks!

I spent several hours into the wee hours of the morning yesterday surfing this site and finding links upon links to different videos and galleries for many projects I intend to tackle.

Like this site already..