Northmount

Bushcraft Leather Work

Thanks Northmount, lot's off info. I've saved this to my bookmarks.

This is an excellent book, part 8 of Ron Edwards' equally excellent Bushcraft series. They are based upon the experiences of Aussie stockmen, squatters, swaggies and bushies from the days when most stations and wagons were held together with rawhide, fence wire and ingenuity. The first two (also published under the titles Australian Bushcrafts and Skills of the Australian Bushmen) are much more redilly available than the other 8 in the series and contain a wealth of knowledge and tips on homesteading, farming, prospecting, camping and leatherwork. If you're lucky you can often pick the first two up for a few dollars.

These are, in my opinion, the easiest to follow braiding books written. I admit I have not seen all books so I hope no one gets offended by that statement. These books can be ordered through the web cite www.ramsskullpress.com Deb is great to work with and will try to figure the best way to ship to save money.

I use Ron's books all the time and when I teach braidign workshops part of teh fee includes a Ron Edwards' book. I will probably be using them in Sheridan in May again.

Thanks for posting, Tom. I got started making whips from these books which I borrowed from a library. They are a great reference.

Pete