Sign in to follow this  
Hilly

Need advice from the belt makers here

whatdoyouthink.gif

Okay, so I've never made a belt before, and a good friend has approached me about making a money belt for him. He says he wants to be able to stash around $3,000 in it for an upcoming vacation instead of carrying credit cards. He just wants a very simple belt with no carving or bling to attract attention.

I'm looking for basic info on making belts, and also some info on making a money belt. Does anyone here have any recommendations for reading?

Do any of you have any advice you'd like to share, or tips you've picked up on that could help me in my belt making experience?

Also, out of curiosity, what would be a good weight to make this belt from, and what type/weight liner would you use?huh.gif

Thanks for letting me pick your collective brains!

Hilly

whatdoyouthink.gif

Okay, so I've never made a belt before, and a good friend has approached me about making a money belt for him. He says he wants to be able to stash around $3,000 in it for an upcoming vacation instead of carrying credit cards. He just wants a very simple belt with no carving or bling to attract attention.

I'm looking for basic info on making belts, and also some info on making a money belt. Does anyone here have any recommendations for reading?

Do any of you have any advice you'd like to share, or tips you've picked up on that could help me in my belt making experience?

Also, out of curiosity, what would be a good weight to make this belt from, and what type/weight liner would you use?huh.gif

Thanks for letting me pick your collective brains!

Hilly

Hilly

I have an old magazine with a pattern for a money belt. PM me your address and I can ship it out to you on a loan?

Good luck

I seen this ideal for a money belt in a Ron Edwards Bushcraft book i think it was. Anyway the top drawing shows a money belt with a zipper in it. Sew or lace a thin piece of leather on to the bet that has a zipper sewed in it.

The second one has two pieces of thin leather with the top being wider than the bottom. The top piece will flop over the bottom piece like the false back in a billfold. in the drawing the bottom piece is the dotted line. Solid line is top piece over the bottom piece.

money belt.jpg

post-11301-125175928734_thumb.jpg

I seen this ideal for a money belt in a Ron Edwards Bushcraft book i think it was. Anyway the top drawing shows a money belt with a zipper in it. Sew or lace a thin piece of leather on to the bet that has a zipper sewed in it.

The second one has two pieces of thin leather with the top being wider than the bottom. The top piece will flop over the bottom piece like the false back in a billfold. in the drawing the bottom piece is the dotted line. Solid line is top piece over the bottom piece.

H~

I don't know if you received my PM, but your instructions are on their way pony express as of this AM. Good luck~

He better be a big ol boy to get 3000.00 in a money belt. Thats a lot of paper to get inside a belt.