billio8

Where Wrong?

excuseme.gif

I made ​​new saddle colored vinegroom to start with airbrush then the color does not penetrate well, and walked with a brush

why not become homogenous??

Did I do something wrong?

I had to degrease theleather with anything?

You may remove the smell of vinegroom?jawdropper.gif

thanks

post-15022-085389400 1302880974_thumb.jp

Edited by billio8

I agree vinegaroon needs to be brushed on or actually dip the leather in the solution for a little bit (not to long). Once that is done give the leather a quick rinse in a baking soda and water then thoroughly rinse the leather. The baking soda rinse is just really quick, dont let it soak in that solution to long.

Once it is out and drying oil the leather. I usually oil the leather just before actual drying.

One thing about vinegaroon is that with every batch of leather you can get slightly different results, shades, colors, and amount of penetration. Personally I think that it still looks good and when you get that black/brown color it gives it that old world feel to it but this doesnt help if you want a black seat.

You can also use things like walnut shells that are boiled and boiled. Sift out the shells then give the leather a dunk in this before you do the vinegaroon bath. This increases the tannins in the leather which is what the vinegaroon reacts with. You can also use coffee I believe.