Wanderinstar

Double Wheel Overstitch Tool

Is it in my imagination or have I seen a twin wheel Overstitch tool.

I want to make a waistcoat and was thinking about doing twin lines of stitching. Have looked on eBay and cannot find one.

Ian

Maybe you have seen a pegging wheel for shoes or boots, sometimes these are adjustable double wheels. Currently, there aren't any double stitch markers manufactured of which I have knowlege. Current practice would be to set multiple stitch grooves with an adjustable stich groover like the Douglas Versa-groover and then run a stitch marker or overstitch wheel in each groove. Be careful on curves as there is a difference in the curve radius and hence the stitches will misalign.

Art

They do exist, in fact you missed two that were recently sold on the UK bay. They were used for marking straps, the examples I cited were 1/2" & 3/4".

There is another one for sale here - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Two-good-quality-leather-working-tools-good-condition-no-teeth-missing-/190824790082?pt=UK_Collectable_ToolsHasdware_RL&hash=item2c6e0b3842

Edited by Wyeman