Timbo

Question about the rigging in this saddle

This is a Jeremiah Watt LiteRide saddle and I cannot tell how the rigging is done on it. Since there only appears to be one skirt, is it built into that and if so how is that attached to the tree??

Anybody got any ideas??

Thanks,

Tim

wattliteride2.JPG

post-5218-1223100220_thumb.jpg

Edited by Timbo

That appears to be an "in-skirt" rig with the tooled flap over top to allow the stirrup leatheres to swing freely.

Mike

So is the skirt 2 layers of leather with the tree bars in between the 2 layers??

Tim

So is the skirt 2 layers of leather with the tree bars in between the 2 layers??

Tim

Yes, I would say so Tim. Note that both ends of the skirt are "Inskirt" and they likely used LIGHT leather too 10-12 oz.

Interesting concept.

Edited by Bob

........so the bottom layer will be molded to the bars and the top side will be sewn onto that, correct?? Then in the front, same deal but it can also be screwed to the bars and the swell.....also correct?? I am considering making something similar as my first saddle project and also it will be for me to ride in the mountains. Anybody think this is biting off more than I can chew??

Thanks for the help so far!!

Tim

........so the bottom layer will be molded to the bars and the top side will be sewn onto that, correct??

YES

Then in the front, same deal but it can also be screwed to the bars and the swell.....also correct??

YES

I am considering making something similar as my first saddle project and also it will be for me to ride in the mountains.

You should consider perhaps making a double rigging for "riding in the mountains"

Anybody think this is biting off more than I can chew??

It would be an great advantage if you get to know a saddle maker within driving distance to help you out for the first time. Good day, hope it works out for you.

Thanks for the help so far!!

Tim