Anne Bonnys Locker

Good News, Bad News.

I am now the proud owner of a Pearson A1 head and that is always a good thing.

The bad news is that it has been sitting in a shed for decades and in in very poor condition :(

Is it bad enough that you need to find a barrel of kerosene large enough to dip it in?

But think of all the fun you'll have rebuilding it!

Congratulations Darren.

No, Worse :)

I like to oil them first then soak in kero. After a time I refresh with a mix of 50/50 kero and oil.

Is it bad enough that you need to find a barrel of kerosene large enough to dip it in?

mix a quart of acetone and a quart of ATF then soak it with it. You will be amazed, best I have found.

I've head acetone is good.We have a dip tank with some diesel fuel,used atf & alittle used motor oil,it stinks but does the job on rusty

heads.

Well done Darren, I had a couple a while back, one even had the original A1 stand and leather case and bobbin winder. I've not done this myself, however an old jewellers trick to clean rusty metal is to soak in tea for a few weeks... I'm pleased to say I have 3 no 6 machines arriving shortly, two are sold and hopefully there is one spare for me. While I'm talking about BUSMC and Pearsons, would anyone know if the Luberto Sewing Machine Company is still making the USA Classic??? Regards Steve

Also on BUSM, I just picked up a brogueing machine - the one that does the punching in the uppers.

Not in great nick but will be ok when redone.