Sign in to follow this  
KnotHead

Key Fob

Here is key fob I made for a buddy of mine that I been knowin for about 20yrs now.

100_0849-RaySchmid-01.JPG

On the top you'll find a 3pass type and on the bottom you'll find a 4pass. This one is a multi-pass type 1 Pineapple Knot shaped and formed around 2 wood beads and in the center of the beads is a spanish ring knot to fill in the gap and give the pineapple something in the center to rest on. Kangaroo Hide.

Not one of my best fobs, I know. But this was my first time messin with the multi-pass type 1 PK. I do better next time. ehehe...

Brian...

I like it. I am fairly sure you can do better with it, but the shape and size to me is something I would look for when purchasing, or making my own, Big enough to grip easy, slim enough to not stick out of the pocket too much and a nice shape to act as a axial point if you need to swing your keys hard and fast. (at flies)

lol

I know now that I will need extra lace for the bottom part of the fob. I needed enough lace to go the 5th pass because the bottom bights slipped down when tightening it. When they slipped down it opened up some more room for another pass. I did not guess right on the length of the lace for that particular bead. Sucks sometimes. But that's braiding. LOL... Next one I make be for me... I never seem to have enough time to make me a fob it would seem. LOL...

Thanks for the kind comments.

Brian....