Sign in to follow this  
jonwatsabaugh

trees for sale

wade_tree.JPG

1. I have a few stock trees in my shop I need to move. Shop space is getting tight here. These are trees I've built to show other makers and all have the same rock, twist, and bar angles with the exception of the roper tree which has an additional 1/4” of bar spread front and back. These work very well on mature, conditioned, foundation quarter types. The two Wades listed are rawhide covered with fiberglass reinforcement beneath. The Wade pictured is one I delivered a couple of weeks ago and is identical to #1 offered for sale. The other 3 listed below are in the wood waiting to be covered with either your choice of epoxy/fiberglass or rawhide with fiberglass reinforcement. The rawhide trees sell for $550 and the epoxy/fiberglass trees are $465. With this selection of trees I will pay shipping on all prepaid orders within the continental states. I accept Visa, Mastercard, check, or money order. If interested, you can e-mail me or call me at the shop at 515-285-0799. If I don't answer, leave a message and I'll call you right back. These are not seconds or rejects, they are my premium handmade trees. I'll take pix of all in the wood and get 'em up pretty soon.
    Jon
  2. Wade, 5” stock, 3”x 4” guadalahara horn, 16 1/4” seat, 4 1/2”x 12” cantle, 7 1/2” high gullet
  3. Wade, 4 1/2” stock, 3”x 3 1/2” post horn, 15 3/4” seat, 4 1/2”x 12” cantle, 7 1/2” high gullet
  4. BW cutter, horn of your choice, 16 1/2” seat, 3 1/4”x 12 1/2” cantle, 8” high gullet
  5. roper, 13” association w/leg cut, #6 horn 1 3/4” cap 3 1/4” high, 15 1/4” seat, 7 1/4” high gullet
  6. 14” association, #6 horn 2 1/2” cap 3 1/2” high, 16 1/4” seat, 4”x 12” cantle, 8” high gullet (will make a really nice cowboy rig!)

post-5418-1224452988_thumb.jpg

Jon, if you don't mind me asking, what degree are they and what is the handhole measurement?

Elton,

The hand hole measures 4" on 4 of them (the rpoer is 4 1/4) and they would equate to a 93 degree angle at front.

Jon

Wow, with a tree that pretty I think I'd just want to hang some rigging off of it and call it good. Even more minimal than the ones in the minimalist thread.

Dan

That is a very nice wade tree. Were did you learn and do you have any pictures of a fiberglass reinforced tree? Also would like to see a picture of a Buster Welch ranch cutter.

Thanks, Matt

Matt,

I'll post some pix in the mornig. I don't have any ranch cutters built right now, but I'll post a standard glassed BW. I learned the basics from Keith Gertch followed with vast amounts of R&D time.

Jon

That really is a good looking tree. Very clean.

These are the trees in the wood as listed

#2 Wade_wood.JPG

#3 BW_wood.JPG

#4roper_wood.JPG

#5 assoc._wood.JPG

Matt, here's a BW cutter in the glass. Sorry, I still haven't bought a good camera.

BW_glassed.JPG

post-5418-1224514113_thumb.jpg

post-5418-1224514236_thumb.jpg

post-5418-1224514333_thumb.jpg

post-5418-1224514436_thumb.jpg

post-5418-1224514532_thumb.jpg