MarkB

How To Make Chaps DVDs

Well they are finally finished. DVDS on how to make chinks from start to finish. They are 2 1/2 hours long and come with pattern also. I believe these are the only DVDS to cover all you need to make a pair of chinks. You can order them at www.cowcampsaddlery.webs.com You can also see the introduction here at http://leatherworker...wimage&img=2905

Thanks for Looking

Mark

dvd's display.jpg

post-9505-126405407005_thumb.jpg

Congrats Mark!!!! Very nicely done. I am willing to bet you're going to sell a lot of them. :thumbsup::specool:

Storm

Great timing Mark! Why not set up a listing in the new directory for these? There is an section for Instructional Publications under the Leather Crafting Tools, Supplies etc. This would fit right in and let our members find your DVD more easily over time.

How long have you been working on these? The actual DVD I mean, not the years of making chinks so you have the knowledge to be able to make it!

Congratulations Mark. I will be ordering mine soon.

Rob

Great work Mark

there is so little info on the subject even if you make them every day it's worth seeing how others do it.

I got mine and there going quick.

Josh

MarkB

Looking at your site, it looks like there will be a lot of projects coming out of your camp. Congrats and best of luck/blessings!

Great timing Mark! Why not set up a listing in the new directory for these? There is an section for Instructional Publications under the Leather Crafting Tools, Supplies etc. This would fit right in and let our members find your DVD more easily over time.

How long have you been working on these? The actual DVD I mean, not the years of making chinks so you have the knowledge to be able to make it!

Denise

I have been thinking about this for the last few years but was not sure how to get it out to the right people and if there was a need for it. Then I found LW and I seen a need. Then I found a friend that had a camera that was willing to film. I had three pair to make so we just started filming and put some together and it looked good so here we are. I now plan to make more DVDS on how to make the other kinds and other small tack items as well. I plan to sell the pattern too.

Mark

Congratulations, Mark, I hope this project is hugely successful for you!

Kate

Ordered mine today Mark.

Ordered mine today Mark.

sdkid its in the mail

Thanks you

Mark

Nice looking package you have put together there, I really like how it comes with patterns as well and the price is great. I will likely be ordering one soon :evillaugh:

Quick question, as I did not see it listed anywhere. Does it mostly cover assembly, or does it go through the whole gambit of getting the right leather to putting them on and riding? (well, perhaps not quite this far, lol)

Nice looking package you have put together there, I really like how it comes with patterns as well and the price is great. I will likely be ordering one soon :evillaugh:

Quick question, as I did not see it listed anywhere. Does it mostly cover assembly, or does it go through the whole gambit of getting the right leather to putting them on and riding? (well, perhaps not quite this far, lol)

In these I cover leather, tools, how to cut them out and put them together. I talk about fitting and how to measure them to fit right. I cover lay out of patterns so they fit right. We do talk about how they should fit when on a horse some as well. I tried to get as much in there as I could so that you can make a pair that fit and are going to work well for you or a customer.

Hope this helps you out.

Mark

HI All

We are getting ready to start DVD #2 this winter, It will Be on Shot Gun Chaps. We plan to have it done by May. We are also hoping that we will get one done on Spur straps as well But will Have to see how the Chap one goes. We are also working on a carving pattern pack for our chap yokes and side panels.

I will try and keep you up to date with how things are going, Here at LW

We also have Patterns for slobber straps, Headstalls, and martingale/pulling style breast collars as well.

you can see them at www.cowcampsaddlery.webs.com

Mark

I'm finishing my second pair of chinks using your DVD. It's very clear; lots of good info and good filming. I'm glad I got it. Good luck with your sales

Ruth D

Thanks Ruth

I have not got to film much this winter so the next DVD is still aways out. I do have some film for the Spur Strap Making DVD but have more to film.

We are putting together a very nice carving pattern pack for our chap yokes and side panels. These patterns are drawn up by some you all know like Troy West, Steve Brewer, Clay Miller, Bob Park, Andy Stevens, and Bruce Johnson. Here is a pattern by Troy West that will be in this pack.

post-9505-022696100 1299988706_thumb.jpg

We hope to have this out in May so stay tuned.

Mark

Edited by MarkB

HI to everyone.

I have just added a Eagle Beak Tapadero Pattern Pack to the list of Patterns we sell at www.cowcampsaddlery.com I hope these will help those that are looking for Tap Patterns.

These patterns are the ones we make here at Cow Camp Saddlery. There are two styles in this pack we have a one piece style and a two piece style. There are sizes from 15" to 28" long and are a Eagle Beak Style. You can make then about any size with just a little change here and there to fit your needs.

Mark

OK, so October of 2010 came and went. And now its May of 2011..I've got no shotguns man...

My patience wears thin and your allies few .. Cimosoby!

I want to spend money now on XXX rated leather video of covered legs, and, and yes ZIPPERS! AND Fringe!!!!

OH MY.

Very interesting. I just ordered the DVD and patterns

Just got the Armita patterns read to print will be getting then out next week. They will be 15.00 plus shipping you can order now at www.cowcampsaddlery.com

HI All

We are getting ready to start DVD #2 this winter, It will Be on Shot Gun Chaps. We plan to have it done by May. We are also hoping that we will get one done on Spur straps as well But will Have to see how the Chap one goes. We are also working on a carving pattern pack for our chap yokes and side panels.

Well it's two years later! Wear is the shotgun video? That quote was October 2010! .................

Kevin.............I grow weary!

I am sorry that I have not got any others done like I have planed. My day job and my family have really been in the way of making more DVDs. I hope that I can get things with the family worked out soon so that I can move forward with life and the DVDs. The day job is getting better but it is still hard to find any free time to work on the DVDs maybe this winter things will get better. I still have the patterns and this DVD for sale at www.cowcampsaddlery.com so feel free to look there any time.

Mark

Hi Mark!

I was just on your site earlier and happened across this thread. I'd love to pick up a DVD on the shotguns. Any more news when it might be out?

Thanks!

ADK

I ordered mine and just finished watching it.. Fantastic stuff! Your craftsmanship is exquisite! Thank you for being willing to teach the rest if us.

Mark B,

The chink DVD looks great. Have you made any head way on the shotgun chaps DVD yet?