Hewy

Holster Leather Lining Molding Steps.

I'm about to do a lining for a holster and have concerns about wet molding after

assemby. I have made several holsters without the lining and wet molded those to fit the firearm.

I'm reading here that contact cement is a good way to attach the lining , but what am I up against with the moisture ?

I want to use a light oz soft leather .......like pig skin ?

Ideas ?

Thanks Hewy

In three words or less: just do it.

Unless you have some kind of kinkydoodle pig skin, . . . you should have no problems. I used to use pig skin, . . . got away from it as I didn't like the way it took the dye compared to veggie tan.

I don't do a lot of lined holsters, . . . but when I do, . . . they are all veggie tan now, . . . and you just get em wet, . . . pigskin or veggie tan, . . . mold em, . . . and let em air dry, . . . kinda plain and simple.

May God bless,

Dwight

OK ! good three letter answer. only said pigskin cuzz don't know other soft leather that won't be rough

on gun metal.

Will give veggie tan try.

Thanks

I don't do holsters, but I am interested in lining wet formed pieces. If I am understanding correctly, you take your veg tan, contact cement your lining and can then wet mold it as if it were a single piece? Glueing the lining leather before molding does not cause any issues with the molding process?