NewYorkerInSydney

Forward And Reverse Stitch Don't Match

Hello good people,

I recently purchased a Juki LU 1508 new. My first machine and am slowly learning to use it. I have a problem that I hope can be solved.

My reverse stitch does not match my forward stitch. So if I start sewing and then need to back tack or reverse stitch, I press the little lever and start to reverse. The problem is that the reverse stitch is way longer than the forward and doesn't match and doesn't go into the same hole and just looks plain terrible on the piece of leather. Anything I can do about this? I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,

Nyis

Hi Nyis. I had a friend with the same problem and basically the easiest thing you can do is put it in reverse, move the leather so it hits the first hole and that should take care of it. I think they finally figured out it was a timing problem. Cheryl

When you put the machine in reverse, stop and lift the feet. move the leather so the back stitch is going to go exactly in the first hole in the back, and hand turn into you get the needle in the hole. Then start it back up and finish your back stitching. Cheryl

There is an interior adjustment to match the stitch lengths, probably on the undercarriage, but I don't know exactly where it is. Call or email a Juki dealer, or the dealer who you bought it from.

I posted this in the other thread, just reposting here to have it all in the same place.

The service manual (http://semsi.com.mx/...00N SEM02_.pdf) talks about how to adjust forward/reverse stitch length on pages 26/27.