rodeomic

Stamping Tools

Good morning everybody. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to mention a particular business here, so I won't. But, with that said, has anyone experienced a lack of sharpness or crispness, with any of their tools bought from a rather well known leather and leather craft supplier? I have some of their 3D stamps, and have been somewhat disappointed with those well. The tools in particular that I refer to are the basket weave designs. Any ideas? Comments?

Thanks!

Happy Trails.

Buy a good grade of leather, case it well, start pounding.......

Good morning everybody. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to mention a particular business here, so I won't. But, with that said, has anyone experienced a lack of sharpness or crispness, with any of their tools bought from a rather well known leather and leather craft supplier? I have some of their 3D stamps, and have been somewhat disappointed with those well. The tools in particular that I refer to are the basket weave designs. Any ideas? Comments?

Thanks!

Happy Trails.

The current ones are much worse than the older tools, in general. if you can get the pre-letter tools or the ones that say 'craftool co.', they tend to be of sharper definition & higher quality as these were made, for the most part, by professional machinists. Higher quality stamps by top makers of today, such as Barry King, Robert Beard, Ellis Barnes (recently deceased), are rather pricy, but if that's what you want, you gotta pay for that quality.