Im curious as to whether all leather should be sealed? It certainly would make sense that one does seal the deal and i look forwards to what you may have to say on this or if there is a thread here ive missed perhaps that you would prefer to refer me to without wasting your breath ha ha ha...

I did catch wind of a thread here mentioning the use of PVA as a good sealer that can be easilly thinned with water... Im wondering if I read right? Any natural sealer over synthetic etc etc would be more than welcomed though... That is my main reason for wanting to leather a wicker creel... I like to fish with flies that are made up of only natural materials, fur feather & silks/threads, bamboo fly rods over carbon or graphite etc etc etc

My project details can be viewed here..

I didnt expect too many replies to this thread but thought there would be some interest as you dont find too many folks working with wicker trout creels.... I really cant wait to get started & am burning with enthusiasm to get my creel dressed....

I have a few tools togeather now, one of peters Awls, a number 2 edge beveller, a scratch awl, a stitch groover, a method of marking continuos stitches, a poly mallet, and a good knife... Theres a few odds and ends I still need to get..

I am Having trouble getting the right unwaxed linen thread & choosing sizes (probably will go with barbours 18/5? flax) , but, the hunt for the tools & right materials is half the fun, geting them all togeather and learning whats what along the ways.... As with every hobby, theres always something NEW to catch ya eye and spark an iterest..... Im sure the day will come where I will be trying to thin out what I will have gathered , what tools i havent used but dare part with ha ha ha...

I look forwards to your feedback

Cheers

Matt