Sign in to follow this  

Pictures are a little small but it looks like you did a nice job for your first one. OWB/IWB combo? Seems to work well.

Dan

Looks outstanding for a first try. Stitch line's a bit off at the triggerguard, but that takes a bit of trial and error, mostly error, to get right.

Now: when are you making a holster for your backup piece?

I KNOW you've got a backup piece, because you're a belt-and-suspenders kind of guy......

I'll try to post a picture of the First Holster I have ever made.5720515456_a558703f41_m.jpg5720515470_e23c0c6c05_m.jpg5720515472_b6051aa032_m.jpg

Good morning Jerry, from the grumpy old man. Looks pretty damned good for a first holster.....I wouldn't think it's your first go at cutting up cow skin though. As BigO says, you need to get in a bit tighter with your stitch line around the trigger guard. The other thing that hits me is that you could move the belt slots/loops in quite a bit closer to the shooter, that would provide a bit more support when worn, especially as an OWB pancake. Remember that those wings are only out there to provide a place for the belt slots/loops. As to your suspenders, I tossed every set of clip-ons that I had. Got the button on type from Deluth Trading Co. (Google it on line). Got a couple pairs of them and a few sets of their quick attaching suspender buttons, (stick 'em in and smack 'em with a hammer). I like them a lot better than the clip-on type. Got 'em on every pair of jeans I own, as my normal wear is jeans, a t-shirt and moccasins. Formal wear is ...clean jeans. Mike

I'll try to post a picture of the First Holster I have ever made.5720515456_a558703f41_m.jpg5720515470_e23c0c6c05_m.jpg5720515472_b6051aa032_m.jpg

I did help one of my buddies put together a western holster way back in 1959.

There wasn’t to much to do on base, so we went to the hobby shop.

I also made a bag for my Mom and some wallets, but they were kits from Tandy.

This is the first thing I have done from just a big sheet of leather.