Spider

Wish I Were Dead Wristband...

Disclaimer:

This is not meant to offend anyone and I do apologize if it does.

Now the fun part. My design is based the EMO crowd which has been around even b4 it was called EMO. Mod, Alternative, Goth, EMO. Basically just a bunch of depressed kids.

TAG LINE:

"When you feel like killing yourself, DON'T DO IT!!! Just put on your "Wish I Were Dead" Wristband."

I know it's morbid but it's what I like....

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

i like it spider...especially the 'cracks' around the design...nice

WICKED!!!

I love it and the smart thought behind it. That skin ripping open showing the flesh looks really good.

Love that marble slab aswell, looks like a big piece of candy for a leatherworker.

GOOD JOB, BRUDDA :guitar::notworthy: :skull3:

Tom

i like it spider...especially the 'cracks' around the design...nice

Thank you Roo. I love making all my stuff look broken in, used and pretty much beat to sh_t. lol Like an old pair of jeans. All comfy and stuff.

WICKED!!!

I love it and the smart thought behind it. That skin ripping open showing the flesh looks really good.

Love that marble slab aswell, looks like a big piece of candy for a leatherworker.

GOOD JOB, BRUDDA :guitar::notworthy: :skull3:

Tom

LOL Yeah the slab is a pretty piece. This piece is my anti-suicide piece. I think...Well, maybe it's just the ex-vamp in me that likes this kinda stuff? Oh well, I'll just keep putting stuff out till I figure it out. :blahblahblah:

Thanks guys for the encouragement.

Edited by Spider

HA! I freakin' love it!

HA! I freakin' love it!

Thanks Drac. I was hoping you would stop by too. Glad you like it. I thought it was funny.

I like...

The stiches between the open flesh makes it even better:-)

Spider, That's way cool, and it'll fit right in with that awesome bike you ride.

Ken

I like it a lot. Love the X stitches. Looks great and thanks for sharing.

Disclaimer:

This is not meant to offend anyone and I do apologize if it does.

Now the fun part. My design is based the EMO crowd which has been around even b4 it was called EMO. Mod, Alternative, Goth, EMO. Basically just a bunch of depressed kids.

TAG LINE:

"When you feel like killing yourself, DON'T DO IT!!! Just put on your "Wish I Were Dead" Wristband."

I know it's morbid but it's what I like....

This is not at all offensive, it is an expression of art, being a person who deals with Self Injury issues and having received an e-mail sharing this bracelet, I would like to make one note about EMO and Self Injury

Alot of people confuse self harm with attention seeking or the populer mainstream fad known as "emo". This is not the truth, Self harm is not about getting attention or making a statement, self harm is about release, mainly of stress. When someone is emotionally hurt, self injury is used to "numb out the feelings" it is a survival technique.

That being said...

I like the detail in the bracelet, it definitely says alot without words.

Was this something that you made for yourself, a friend or a customer?

Although I tend to draw dark (morbid) pictures, I haven't put them to leather, this is a GREAT bracelet, thank you for sharing it with the group.

Hey spider, I wonder what it would look like with that design and maybe something tooled inside the cuts like skulls or something??? Just thinking out loud here. :)

This is not at all offensive, it is an expression of art, being a person who deals with Self Injury issues and having received an e-mail sharing this bracelet, I would like to make one note about EMO and Self Injury

Alot of people confuse self harm with attention seeking or the populer mainstream fad known as "emo". This is not the truth, Self harm is not about getting attention or making a statement, self harm is about release, mainly of stress. When someone is emotionally hurt, self injury is used to "numb out the feelings" it is a survival technique.

That being said...

I like the detail in the bracelet, it definitely says alot without words.

Was this something that you made for yourself, a friend or a customer?

Although I tend to draw dark (morbid) pictures, I haven't put them to leather, this is a GREAT bracelet, thank you for sharing it with the group.

Hey Sadeyes,

Thank you for your comments and add on to my disclaimer. Being an ex-cutter I tend to be ok with being open about things like this. I find other ways of DEALing with the feelings that previously would cause a physical substitute. I'm not fixed but I'm better than I was in the past. I made this as just another drawing onto leather. That seems to be most of my work. I've traded the paper for the flesh.

Hey spider, I wonder what it would look like with that design and maybe something tooled inside the cuts like skulls or something??? Just thinking out loud here. :)

LarryB,

Just when I was cool with a piece you go and make it better. YAY!!! GREAT food for thought. Thank you for your suggestion. I'll look forward to your interpretation of this piece. lol It's only a 1" x 9" strip with a few punches. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Hey Sadeyes,

Thank you for your comments and add on to my disclaimer. Being an ex-cutter I tend to be ok with being open about things like this. I find other ways of DEALing with the feelings that previously would cause a physical substitute. I'm not fixed but I'm better than I was in the past. I made this as just another drawing onto leather. That seems to be most of my work. I've traded the paper for the flesh.

You are welcome...

Was this bracelet for a customer, friend or yourself?

Just when I was cool with a piece you go and make it better. YAY!!! GREAT food for thought. Thank you for your suggestion. I'll look forward to your interpretation of this piece. lol It's only a 1" x 9" strip with a few punches. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

haha no.... to old here can't see that good anymore lol The band is great looking though. :)

Edited by LarryB

Spider,

This is an amazing piece of contemporary art you've created!

It's tastefully done, and tactfully presented. It would be a great gallery piece.

~Tammy

You are welcome...

Was this bracelet for a customer, friend or yourself?

SadEyes,

This is just a random piece I made. I just make stuff and decide later what to do with them.

Thank you Larry for the comment. I do appreciate it.

Tammy you flatter me. Thank you.