Sign in to follow this  
Melindak1982

Bridle Browband With A Bead Channel

Hi, I'm a total newbie and I want to start making custom browbands, with a string of beads across its length. I want them set into the band, so i will need to create a channel for them to fit into. What would the best order of assembly be and what would be best to anchor the bead cord on either end?

hope this made a little sense :)

heres a couple examples of possible construction, and any other suggestions are welcome! (sewing would be by hand, so minimal is best)

thanks so much!

browband1.jpg

browband2.jpg

post-14030-126825333967_thumb.jpg

post-14030-126825335809_thumb.jpg

If you don't mind a rivet showing, I don't see that you'd have to sew at all. I would take one long piece of leather that is already dyed, punch holes where you want the beads to stop on each end, and bend the ends of the leather over to the back to make the loops. Rivet the leather to itself and to the string. You could make a channel by carving an indent along the middle of the leather before dyeing. I've never made these but I imagine that might work. If you have trouble getting the beads to stay in the center, maybe punch a few holes to have the bead string go through to the back and then come right out the front again.