Sign in to follow this  
Alexblow

industrial auction

Well,i just discover a link to this :

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...551119&rd=1

Look also the other stuff,amazing isn't it?

Well if someone is near from there and want to make a good purchase...

Or if someone is near from there and would be gentle to pick some stuf if i win som ofthese auctions,with a BIG truck,and time to make a wood box to ship to Belgium ( Europe )

send me a pm

Well it's a shame that i'm so far from this and not enought time to arrange some travel... :thumbsdown:

Near 100 views and no reply...did i something wrong ?

Naw nothing wrong. I wouldn't mind having some of that stuff but I ain't paying a 20% buyer's premiun (sp). Thanks for posting the listing tho. Mike

Nope you did'nt go wrong.theyre sheet metal roller tools(the green ones)usually for 18 gage thick metal or thinner.

Eric

I wound up going to this auction. This was a major motorcycle leather goods manufacturer, apparently with some contracts with Harley Davidson. There were thousands of tool and fork bags, saddlebags, conchos, buckles, huge leather lots, small parts, and machinery. The lot sizes were way too large for me, though my wife and I picked up some HD collectible stuff the business had. I went primarily to look at hand tools and stamps, a Ferdinand/Adler 205-64, clickers, skiving machine, some foot operated setters, and a few odd other items. All went for more than I wanted to pay, or was not in a condition that I wanted to buy. There were several Singer patch machines, for example, that weren't operable, a Seiko walking foot that was partially disassembled, a book press with a large gouge in its bed, etc. etc. etc. I found the hand tools lots too much of a mixed bag in too poor condition to be work the money bid.

Typical industrial auction - you never know what you're going to find or in what condition. There were a few real bargains, including a Landis polishing machine about 12" long that went for $75. Not something that I would haul home, though!

I watched this auction live on eBay. I'd agree that the leather tools went for a lot based on their condition. I talked to the folks running the auction beforehand - anything over 75 pounds had to be freight shipped. Minimum cost just to crate it up was over $100.

The one thing I did weaken on was an old book press - iron and brass - with a brass wheel to screw the press down. Figured it would be a "cheap" version of a clicker press for small items and would be good for bigger impressions. It was made in the 1800's, so there are probably some book collectors out there that would brand me a heretic for using a vintage book press in such a manner.

There were actually two book presses - one assembled (the one you bought?) - and one disassembled that had been stripped and repainted. I think the latter one was bundled in with the manual clicker, though. The press parts were sitting on the clicker's base.

Most of the "good stuff" - machines, particularly - went for about their worth. The Atom Clicker, for example, went for $1,800. It was in pretty good shape, but was certainly well-used - it was literally 80% buried in scrap. The scrap pile actually towered above the clicker for about 3-4 feet on one side! The Ferdinand stitcher went for about $1,200 - pretty good price, but I ran it and thought it needed some work. The skiver sold for about $500, if I recall right. That seemed a little steep, given condition. The 3 Stimpson setters went for about $400 - again, not bad, except only one was operable (set up for eyelets).